Where to buy a cooler?

Yak

Hey guys, my fishing partner has finally broken both of my styrofoam coolers and thinking I would like to invest in once of the nice white igloo's or colemans Ive seen others use.

Anyone know of a good spot to pick them up? Id like one big enough to fit a couple springs into but still small enough to save some deck room.

Thanks

Yak

See what Canadian Tire near you has.

Thanks to this board I picked up a good sized one with wheels there last year for only a hundred bucks-one of the deep chill models keeps things cold for days-or so they say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup.....x2 on Costco. I got a nice "deep" one for "libations and sandwiches" while shopping last week; it has wheels and an extendable handle on it kinda like a suitcase to pull behind you. I also picked up one of the bigger more 'traditional' fishing coolers for holding the "bonked".

Stop taking out fishing partners who bring bananas on board and break coolers.....;):p

Just make sure that you have the room for one of those coolers as they do take up a lot of space, maybe it can sit on the Pod??

As has been said already, Costco has the best deal that I have seen... your buddy, who I work, with picked one up on the weekend.......

Cheers

SS

Best deal has always been Costco. As mentioned before $99 this year.
Dave

i use a smaller cooler inside the bigger cooler that is filled with salt ice,, drink ice and foods go in the small one. lasts up to five daze.

this is a rugged design , $ 99 sale , fairly large too , might be a bit better quality than Costco

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...toreNum=10108&subdeptNum=13964&classNum=13965

looks pretty solid , better hinges maybe too , not those cheap ones that break in a season, like on those other popular brands ...

sumtin ta tink bout

later

fd

I like the stainless latches. I just replaced the latches on my oldest Igloo cooler with factory Igloo replacements from West Marine. $20.00 for plastic. I never saw any stainless latches or I would have bought them. The plastic ones are a better design than the old type and are less prone to shearing off when open or so Igloo claims..
Dave

Back