Where can you find salmon test counts or escapements? DFO=dazed and confused!

Fishing?

Okay I must be a moron, I have looked every where, the Albion test fishery shows almost no fish at all.

Are there simply tables rather than the map coordinates.

I saw one on the forum that showed fish counts up the Fraser but I can't find anything like that in the DFO website.

How does anyone that doesn't read English or French use these anyway? I can barely understand them so much conflicting info.

Too small, too big, 46.59 - 104.84?, only on days with a Z in them, ,July, then August 1, then 15th, then ?

Are there Orca counts?

Maybe Forum members should start reporting Orca sightings, where and when.

Americans paid a chunk of Hell's Gate repair, so they get some Fraser fish and a say on this commission.
Arm's length from DFO.

I've been actually thinking of building out an app to use for orca sightings. Would be nice to have a secondary source of info for this to compare with DFO's make believe, inflationary, sightings....

Maybe you were looking at one of these reports from The Pacific Salmon Commission?

I've been actually thinking of building out an app to use for orca sightings. Would be nice to have a secondary source of info for this to compare with DFO's make believe, inflationary, sightings....

That would be excellent, if the photos had gps location and time and date imbedded it would be very helpful.

You could put some kind of a delay on realizing the info on your website so people wouldn't all be rushing out to find the whales.

Perhaps release bi weekly or monthly reports.

I am certain you could get some sponsorship money from folks to help defray the costs.

That would be excellent, if the photos had gps location and time and date imbedded it would be very helpful.

You could put some kind of a delay on realizing the info on your website so people wouldn't all be rushing out to find the whales.

Perhaps release bi weekly or monthly reports.

I am certain you could get some sponsorship money from folks to help defray the costs.

The app would be photo based and all data would get uploaded back to the main database by at min, the push of a button, but may be able to set this up to be automatic if within cell range.

The user would need to agree to their gps location usage. I figure this would be one way to rule out false sightings by over exuberant NGO supporters. No GPS record, not used. And of course, any land based GPS coordinated would be removed.

This would make for a VERY interesting map actually. Valid vs invalid coordinates. :cool:

The app would be photo based and all data would get uploaded back to the main database by at min, the push of a button, but may be able to set this up to be automatic if within cell range.

The user would need to agree to their gps location usage. I figure this would be one way to rule out false sightings by over exuberant NGO supporters. No GPS record, not used. And of course, any land based GPS coordinated would be removed.

This would make for a VERY interesting map actually. Valid vs invalid coordinates. :cool:
You could make the gps location publicly available only accurate to say 500m or 1km as don't think more accuracy is necessary and that would prevent people's fishing spots from being exposed in detail. If you want help testing or debugging I'm happy to help.

Since DFO is corrupt and actively blocks release of data, we clearly need our own data to use to sue the government and force them to treat everyone fairly.

DFO suppresses research

Last edited:
Since DFO is corrupt and actively blocks release of data, we clearly need our own data to use to sue the government and force them to treat everyone fairly.
Just so I am clear.

The DFO will not comply with a FOI request?

I am also asking because your tag line" DFO Supresses Research" is not an active link.

I went to the DFO website and they have the standard FOI information

what information are they suppressing from the public. I am pretty sure there is at least one lawyer on this site who could help you with a FOI

Just so I am clear.

I am also asking because your tag line" DFO Supresses Research" is not an active link.

what information are they suppressing from the public. I am pretty sure there is at least one lawyer on this site who could help you with a FOI
what information are they suppressing from the public?

You tell me

witheld.jpg

Attachments

• mark.png
    mark.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 23
Just so I am clear.

Apologies about link, I think I fixed it.

It's even worse than refusing to comply with FOI, they think it's funny to just send some BS instead of the required info.

"DFO responded by “repeatedly sending the wrong documents,” according to the BCWF."

Apologies about link, I think I fixed it.

It's even worse than refusing to comply with FOI, they think it's funny to just send some BS instead of the required info.

"DFO responded by “repeatedly sending the wrong documents,” according to the BCWF."

No probs on the link. Thanks for fixing it.

What you have described is disgraceful. This is the kind of stuff that drives me f'ing wild.

I should know better, when a Department has their own agenda, their creativity and ambitious desire to maintain their agenda at all costs is something to watch.

I used to deal with a federal department that took years to even acknowledge a letter. Asshattery at it's finest.

Unfortunately, the only way these situations change seems to be media pressure, or legal action, or a very well funded war chest operated by the equivalent of pissed off soccer moms.

So which organization should we be supporting in this fracas with donations?

(Forgive me if this is a stupid question)

Back