What's your favourite salmon jig?

I'll never forget reeling in my Riptide Striker and having a 20 pounder nail it on the way up. Fishing in the rowboat when I was ten, and trying to net that thing with a net that was much too small. Nothing like jigging a spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always used the white zinger with pink stripe off hornby. Nailed a 25 lb spring with it last yr. similar buzzbomb has landed salmon as well.

However, this thread is interesting! Where can u pick up the macs?

Mako 22...that looks reminiscent of those "Riptide" jigs that used to be sold around here years back. Think a guy in Campbell River made them.

Are they back in production?

No, the Reid's Rip Tide does not look like that. It has a slash at both ends, painted red. It is reversible. One end has a black dot. herring one direction, needlefish the other direction. White with a black or green back were fav's.
The rip-tide striker came along later. It is narrow and was a fav at the West Van./ Capilano, in green. Scuba divers find them, and sell at 2nd hand stores.

The tried and true chrome Deadly Dick, but at their price, there'll be no probing around reefs.

I use these Spinnows.......I've caught Chinook on all sizes of Spinnow (black and white) between and including the sizes shown here

(barbs aren't pinched yet on the small Spinnow...it's new to replace a lost one).

The stock Spinnows work......but they work better when repainted to the bottom two colors....

Most times I just paint them black and white with no extra color line on them......

Cop Car Spinnows are my "goto" jig for salmon.

Tried all kinds of jigs over the years.........these work the best for me......

attachment.php

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 353
Last edited by a moderator:
Back