5brJlo8.jpg

Hot BarBee of course:

ZAX8Vr0.jpg

Served up with corn on the cob and chipotle pasta

cZEroQp.jpg

A rather fine Shiraz to accompany.

Cheers
I like your corn on the cob holder

I've been living in Waikiki since Nov. and enjoying the sun, the ocean and the sun sets from our place. It is very expensive for us Canadians, but just have to shop the sales and go to the happy hours. Our favorite is $5 Fridays at Safeway. Lots and lots of great deals, like two weeks ago weeks we purchased Lamb chops $5lb and got 16 chops for $20 which reg price was $52.
I recommend anyone going into the USA, sign up a Safeway and go on Fridays.

Last Friday, it was New York steaks on sale $6.50lb. The New York Strip steak was from the Waikiki Safeway and it was well marbled.
The steak had great flavor, very tender and at a reasonable price point.

Added some BBQ grilled baked potatoes, yam, and a salad. Then a Merlot to wash things down.

Attachments

• steak dinner 1.jpg
    steak dinner 1.jpg
    475.6 KB · Views: 31
  • steak dinner.jpg
    steak dinner.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 31
  • sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 31
  • new york strip steak.jpg
    new york strip steak.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 31
I've been living in Waikiki since Nov. and enjoying the sun, the ocean and the sun sets from our place. It is very expensive for us Canadians, but just have to shop the sales and go to the happy hours. Our favorite is $5 Fridays at Safeway. Lots and lots of great deals, like two weeks ago weeks we purchased Lamb chops $5lb and got 16 chops for $20 which reg price was $52.
I recommend anyone going into the USA, sign up a Safeway and go on Fridays.

Last Friday, it was New York steaks on sale $6.50lb. The New York Strip steak was from the Waikiki Safeway and it was well marbled.
The steak had great flavor, very tender and at a reasonable price point.

Added some BBQ grilled baked potatoes, yam, and a salad. Then a Merlot to wash things down.
I just watched a video on the 5 most expensive places to live in the USA. Hawaii was the #1 most expensive. It makes sense with the logistics of getting much of their goods delivered. I absolutely love Hawaii though, the best overall climate I have ever experienced.

Maui Costco tri-tip strips cut into 3 inch pieces, poked with the tip of a pointy knife and marinated in Bachan's Japanese barbecue sauce with some added fresh garlic and ginger.
3-4 minutes per side depending on thickness.
It looked kind of gristly and tough, but when sliced across the grain it was tender and tasty

veryView attachment 102147View attachment 102148View attachment 102149
Tri-tip is such an under-utilized cut.
Excellent choice for marinating

Last night it was the other 1/2 of the $5lb lamb chops. $10 for these 8 chops at Waikiki Safeway.
BBQed them and they were great, all I needed was some mint sauce.
Added some vegs and a Asian salad.

Now off to #5 Fridays

Attachments

• lamb chop dinner.jpg
    lamb chop dinner.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 29
  • lamb chops off the BBQ.jpg
    lamb chops off the BBQ.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 29
fixed five of the little penny lights, greased, wipers, one bullboard light, lubed the lift cable for the reach, checked all the hubs and changed a exhaust clamp and graphite washer that seals the exhaust and changed a bolt in the adjustable bunk but the nut is stripped
So after all that I ordered the standard!

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpeg
    IMG_1627.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 58
Last night it was the other 1/2 of the $5lb lamb chops. $10 for these 8 chops at Waikiki Safeway.
BBQed them and they were great, all I needed was some mint sauce.
Added some vegs and a Asian salad.

Now off to #5 Fridays
Looks delicious

fixed five of the little penny lights, greased, wipers, one bullboard light, lubed the lift cable for the reach, checked all the hubs and changed a exhaust clamp and graphite washer that seals the exhaust and changed a bolt in the adjustable bunk but the nut is stripped
The 6 P’s on the weekend = less BS on Monday morning 👌🏻

Is that Burnaby Palace?

Back