What's for dinner tonight ?

It’s one of the hottest I’ve had. Wife didn’t like it and went back to the regular stuff. I like wasabi with sushi where you can’t breathe for a few seconds so it worked good for me lol. Watch this video. I do not recommend that big of a scoop lol. But I wasn’t putting a tiny spec on my roast like the label says. And I smelt the jar which it also says not to do. So I guess it doesn’t live up to the label but it’s still good and would make a damn good shrimp cocktail or Caesar

The best part about horseradish is that it goes away pretty quickly. Not a lingering spice like peppers where you just can’t recover if you overdo it lol.
Video is hilarious. Will be picking some up this week. Love my nasal orgasams.

Maui Costco tri-tip strips cut into 3 inch pieces, poked with the tip of a pointy knife and marinated in Bachan's Japanese barbecue sauce with some added fresh garlic and ginger.
3-4 minutes per side depending on thickness.
It looked kind of gristly and tough, but when sliced across the grain it was tender and tasty

veryIMG_20240121_191949074.jpgIMG_20240121_192108202.jpgIMG_20240121_194848547.jpg

Last edited:
The Bumbu was an impulse buy on sale. US$31. Drinkable on ice, but some weird spices. Kirkland 15yo from Panama for US$22 was worth a shot. Might carry it home.
I find that one has too much vanilla flavour. The XO one is much better.

Seafood (scallops, prawns, shrimp, Dungeness crab) Philly based sauce and Pasta last night:

eWTl1Sy.jpg

Yummy Indeed!

Tonight is Asian inspired baked Ukee halibut, with wild rice and broccolini. 13 minutes in the oven at 400, halibut glaze was, soy & dark soy sauce, fish sauce, fresh grated ginger, crushed garlic,3 table spoons of honey , sesame oil, lime juice and hoisin, garnished with green onion and usually a bit of cilantro.
Appleton 12 year for dessert

Attachments

• IMG_3087.jpeg
    IMG_3087.jpeg
    497.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Spicy salmon bowls, that weren’t that spicy.
Homemade bagels from yesterday, below. First time for those, they were a hit
Nice! I’ve been making bagels this year as I have trouble finding a good bagel to buy around the Western communities in the Victoria area. I feel like my cold smoked spring salmon is excellent (yes I’m bragging here!) and I love a good bagel loaded with lox, cream cheese and pickled onion but I refuse to put a sub standard bagel under this combo.

Back