What's for dinner tonight ?

This is a recipe that haunts me and I will have to give it a go. I am truly afraid of failure however lol. My wife (absolutely incredible cook) quit cooking recently and my teenage daughter and myself are left to the "chore" as my wife puts it. I've been cooking a lot more lately which is good IMO. I used to work in restaurants like the KEG. I was a middle man and can handle the stress etc. Know how to do it and clean up as you go and get the job done no problem. Plus side is the house is really really clean now lol :D.

Not a lot of pasty experience and I always hated baking etc. Anyways I'll give it go and we will see what happens. Like my sig line.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night...

Magnum Scallops on the half-shell with butter-garlic white wine sauce and a sprinkle of dill, "cooked" to barely over rare:

BarBee_Scallops.jpg

Combined with Halibut (sauteed in the same sauce - med rare) over a bed of Basmati rice, asparagus with a dribble of Hollandaise over all. Side dish of Sourdough bread for swabbing up the juices.

Scallop_and_Halibut_Dinner.jpg

In a word: Awesome!!
Pozitive.gif

Cheers,
Nog

OMG !!! Rare scallops Dalish !!

Last night...

Magnum Scallops on the half-shell with butter-garlic white wine sauce and a sprinkle of dill, "cooked" to barely over rare:

BarBee_Scallops.jpg

Combined with Halibut (sauteed in the same sauce - med rare) over a bed of Basmati rice, asparagus with a dribble of Hollandaise over all. Side dish of Sourdough bread for swabbing up the juices.

Scallop_and_Halibut_Dinner.jpg

In a word: Awesome!!
Pozitive.gif

Cheers,
Nog

Decided to try out my Venison Shank Recipe again last night...

Shanks_1.jpg

Shanks_3.jpg

Shanks were from a young Blacktail, and turned out Melt In Your Mouth FANTASTIC!!
bowdown[1].gif

Methinks I'll be keeping this recipe on hand...
sly.gif

Cheers,
Nog

I guess the plate with the wine is yours and the other one is Asuilu's. Don't think she will need the knife and fork. Lol She doe's look ready though.

I guess the plate with the wine is yours and the other one is Asuilu's. Don't think she will need the knife and fork. Lol She doe's look ready though.

She was HOPING! LOL!

Between her and Boogs, I have a rather Strong Quality Control Team on my side! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

After a week on the brine, we ran off another batch of Home Cured / Smoked Bacon in the new smoker yesterday.

Larger batch than I've run before, and took a little longer than the previous ones. 7 hours at 120 degrees.

When it came out of the smoker and landed to cool, the entire house immediately smelled WONDERFUL!!
nana.gif

Bacon_4.jpg

So Good in fact, we decided to have Breakfast for Dinner!
sly.gif

Sliced when still warm:

Bacon_2.jpg

And immediately into the pan:

Bacon_3.jpg

Couple free range eggs, some home made hash browns, and that was Oh My God DELICIOUS!!
bowdown[1].gif

Cheers!
Nog

Marinated Rack of Spikey

Deer_Rack_2.jpg

Sides of 3 cheese tortellini with sun-dried tomato sauce & cauliflower with cheese / wine sauce:

Deer_Rack_3.jpg

Washed down with copious quantities of an excellent French Merlot.

Melt In Your Mouth Yummy! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Some of Jackals moose hit the crock pot tonight...;)

Attachments

• 20150219_181506.jpg
    20150219_181506.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 287
looking good Derby :) brought some of that tasty moose to Hawaii !

It's was..... Was trying out a recipe using self-rising flour. Still not perfect but better then the last recipe we tried.

Brodie flour, beer and seasoning.

Back