What's for dinner tonight ?

OK didnt think it was like the nigiri ive used in past never seen them brown, still looked good

Laura made stuffed pork chops tonight. Stuffed with spinach, sundries tomatoes, feta and garlic

photo_zpscc1a2b44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Torch has Passed

I introduced my son-in-law Clayton (Bubba) into smoking meats and fish some years ago . Helped him build his stainless steel smoker but it helped that he is an electrical contractor!! LOL So last night I had the pleasure of dining on the best ribs I have ever eaten-bar none! Ribs were prepared with a rub 4 hrs before hitting the smoke for 3 hrs. Never seen this before-every hour they were lightly sprayed with apple vinegar to prevent the outside drying. 3 hrs of smoke later he wrapped them in several coats of tinfoil-generous pats of butter, Garlic and a shot of whiskey to gently infuse over a grill at 160 for 2 hrs then prior to serving- finished on the grill with a whiskey based Bar-B -que sauce. Unbelievable!! The torch has passed-the only competitor that I have tasted is Striper Sniper and he'll have his work cut -out to beat this!!! Just hope I'm the judge!!!LOL

Attachments

• IMG_20140418_133122.jpg
    IMG_20140418_133122.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_20140418_183621.jpg
    IMG_20140418_183621.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 292
Jeffy's own 5 pepper pasta tonight along with authentic French bread sliced and toasted with garlic butter and fresh ground parmesan on the toast and sprinkled on top .. n oh ya a bottle of "Screw it " shiraz...IMG_4248[1].jpgIMG_4249.jpg

I introduced my son-in-law Clayton (Bubba) into smoking meats and fish some years ago . Helped him build his stainless steel smoker but it helped that he is an electrical contractor!! LOL So last night I had the pleasure of dining on the best ribs I have ever eaten-bar none! Ribs were prepared with a rub 4 hrs before hitting the smoke for 3 hrs. Never seen this before-every hour they were lightly sprayed with apple vinegar to prevent the outside drying. 3 hrs of smoke later he wrapped them in several coats of tinfoil-generous pats of butter, Garlic and a shot of whiskey to gently infuse over a grill at 160 for 2 hrs then prior to serving- finished on the grill with a whiskey based Bar-B -que sauce. Unbelievable!! The torch has passed-the only competitor that I have tasted is Striper Sniper and he'll have his work cut -out to beat this!!! Just hope I'm the judge!!!LOL
Thats how I do mine its a variation of a 3-2-1 method, I start with the foil and a splash of AJ for 3 hrs tho, then remove and spritz for the next 2 then grille for the last 1 low and slow is the best, need to see that meat pull back and the rib really stick out.
I like to spritz with Apple juice, have to try the vinegar next time, tell Bubba he's a magician-looks awesome!!

I hate pulled pork as it's way to sweet for my liking but I am makeing this one for the second time today. Not sweet and I get to ad my favourite sauce afterwards with homemade coleslaw on a fresh bun.

Slow-Cooker Carolina-Style Pulled Pork (Crock-Pot Recipe Five Ingredient Friday)

This slow-cooked pulled pork is “Carolina-Style” because of the vinegar base it is cooked in. Slow cooking makes for tender and juicy meat infused with the tang of vinegar and hot sauce. Serve with your favourite BBQ sauce.
Author: The Saucy Southerner
Recipe type: Entree
Cuisine: Southern
Ingredients
5 pound Pork Shoulder (or butt) Roast
4 cups apple cider vinegar
4 cups hot water
½ cup Tabasco (or other similar hot sauce-Frank’s would be good too)
½ cup sugar
Instructions
Place the pork in the crock-pot, fat side up.
In a large bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Pour the liquid over the pork in the crock-pot (if the liquid doesn’t cover the pork completely, add a bit more water).
Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours (mine took 5) or until the meat pulls away from the bone easily (cooking on low, I’m guessing this would take 8-9 hours and you really can’t overcook this meat).
Remove from the liquid and allow to cool a bit. Using two forks, or your fingers, pull long shreds of the meat, discarding the fat.
Serve with your favourite sauce

Back