What Year Are These Louie’s?

Ryan A

Picked up some older Lucky Louie’s and wondering in what time frame these boxes were used, obviously older than the blue ones we’re all used to seeing, also got a glass eye’d one that says patent pending rather than the patent number like the other two with boxes, any info appreciated 5A856ED1-0A47-4999-AF47-8AB7751F4420.jpeg1058E92B-D7F1-4EDC-AB12-FF2FB7949B41.jpegD83F6596-341C-4AA1-B43D-4334FBC5B321.jpegBDED9314-3469-41CB-993D-5D35CB5DCB78.jpeg

Nice score and here's what I suggest you do.

Find and buy this book.

I have a copy somewhere around here and it is as good as can be IMHO as it covers early history and the evolution of plug use in the PNW extremely well.
Lots of American use of them we here don't often think about or even know about, plus numerous other tidbits of history.

Perhaps others can help you also, but that book is certainly worth whatever you pay for it.

Get one.

Take care

Cohoe plug has wood pressed eyes so I am guessing 60’s late 50’s
Pink Pearl appears to have metal tack eyes and if true 40’s
Stubby is a very early with the glass eyes that are positioned higher,stencil lucky Louie lettering,Pat Pending and the hole on the lip is drilled low so my estimate is late 30’s
Yup the book mentioned by Dave might be more accurate

Thx for the book recommendation Dave and also the details NA, pearl pink definitely has metal tack eyes.

Find and buy this book.
Found and bought, thx for the link Dave, also after some more digging realized the single piece box with flip up lid, blue and yellow, was the initial box for Minser. Thx again NA for the insight on the patent pending Louie and didn’t notice the lettering or the lower than usual line hole, interesting to note it also has a small steel button at the back…possible weight for stability?

Find and buy this book.
Found and bought, thx for the link Dave, also after some more digging realized the single piece box with flip up lid, blue and yellow, was the initial box for Minser. Thx again NA for the insight on the patent pending Louie and didn’t notice the lettering or the lower than usual line hole, interesting to note it also has a small steel button at the back…possible weight for stability?
Pretty common to find brass pins on some of the older plugs on the belly near the tail for holding the 2nd hook in place. Some plug manufacturers used thumb tacks or clips to hold the hardware

Tack Eyes are definitely war time. Some nice collector plugs there. Nothing Hugely valuable but nice plugs.

CR Greg

Back