What smoker to buy

tinboatrobb

Having retired in December and now have a lot of time for making sausage, smoking cheese, fish etc and making bacon it is time for a better smoker. Looking for one that has Bluetooth for control from my phone as that used pellets/chips. I currently have a basic Bradley smoker and am willing to spend around 1,000$ on what I want. Looking for advise on what to buy based on your experience. Thanks in advance.

I’m going to be picking up a Recteq this year. Have a couple friends in the US that have that brand and they love them. The only caveat is they don’t ship to Canada. So you’ll have to ship it to a holding warehouse just over the border and make the run down to get it.

I’m going to be picking up a Recteq this year. Have a couple friends in the US that have that brand and they love them. The only caveat is they don’t ship to Canada. So you’ll have to ship it to a holding warehouse just over the border and make the run down to get it.
Not necessary to do that run yourself. Use Seawings, they have an office in Blaine and run a truck over there daily. I know you live in Vic, Rob, so they will contact you when your item gets to their bonded warehouse out at the airport. You go to their office, pick up the paperwork and walk up to the Customs office in the airport building where it gets stamped. Then you return to Seawings warehouse (200 metre walk from the airport building) and pick up your item. I’ve saved many $$ doing that over the years.
T2

Back