What Plugs Worked 4 You This Last Season?

Haze

Well the season has almost completely passed us by and what a staple season it was!
So I’m just checking to see what PLUGS worked for you this year, both on the inside and on the outside. Further did you chalk up and great plug stories for the season.
I just started fishing plugs this year and had good success with some used ones I picked up. Some of them didn’t have any numbers on them so I’m guessing they must be commercial plugs or repaints but 1 is a 639, 1 is a 109 and another is a 155 (looks just like the 109) and the last two were in the 700 series silver with green backs. I also caught a number of Coho on the 530g. All my plugs were 5” all fished on the inside all Tomics.
I was pretty impressed with the difference in the fight between a plug caught fish and my usual flasher hootchie combo’s. I had a couple of Chinooks dancing on the surface and flying every which way out of the water! Wow that was fun!

012.jpg

quote:Originally posted by holmes

great plug Dogbreath....custom?....holmes*
It might be C 231-RVP or Cheech would know.

As a matter of interest it was red hot the last trip we took countless Springs and Coho-until I smashed the thing with an errant gaff shot in heavy seas. :(

those pilchard patterns worked well that blue spoon on the right 2nd down and the plug at the bottom and my 602 tubby with glow stick on eyes off ukee and bamfield--- the coho/springs we caught on the weekend had medium herring though

lordofthesprings

WE fished the starfish (or Hyson) bank 14 miles out of Ukie in early August, The #500 7" Tomic was a real fish killer. It is a medium blue color. Also the #6 Tomic spoon in copcar (black and white) was good.

john

Pretty well any pilchard pattern performed very well out there this year. I had a couple I painted up that really went to town on them! ;)

Will be custom painting a large batch over the winter with the new high-end airbrush. Will post a pix or two once that job gets rolling along...

Cheers,
Nog

http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/vote

I Have often thought I should dig out my old Lyman's and see how they do. We caught many BIG rainbow out of Okanagan lake with them over the years.:DMMMMMMMMMMM. Interesting question.

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

quote:Originally posted by Mike_R

That looks like Givenchy Anchorage in the back ground Downchild

Good eye Mike for that is Givenchy.
I was at the mouth of the Zoobof or whatever you call it, hammering pinks with "The Doig".
Good times

Back