What gauge wire to use

I am cleaning up under my dash, rewiring everything. Doing it right. My boat is a 93 and is due for its 30g refit. Many thought it was already a machine, now its going to be freaken bullet proof.

Should be complete by next weekend if all goes well :)

I think I missed my calling. Wish I took before and after pictures. All I got is after :)

2 wires left and I am done, ready for motor

From huge freaking rats nest to this
image.jpg

Looks great. I was going to post a pic of what I've done but not anymore lol!

Thanks Guys,

It was an adventure in wiring. I have never done anything like this before. So I am really impressed with the outcome.

Before I never even like looking under my dash as I had no idea what was what and where it went. Got it all under controll now.

Ended up up with and entire grocery bag full of old wires. Lots of it went nowhere and wasn't even in use.

Looks awesome. Good job :cool:. There is some stuff you can spray on the circuit board to help protect it but I can't recall the name. The best part about you doing it yourself is that you can fix a problem really quick if one arises :). If you want to borrow my Brady label machine just let me know.

The spray is Ship to Shore Dielectric Grease. I am going to put on once the last two wires are connected. Each crimp and connection have dielectric in and on them.

Brady Label Machine.....I'll have to google that one

Owen
best label them red wires
or put color brands on them so you know whats what

and looking good nice 'n' tidy

It's calling you man lol :D.

It uses vinyl tape and is completely waterproof. Even the smallest labels are readable. It even has gauge of wire settings etc. Pretty wild little unit. Just let me know :).

Corrosion Block comes in a spray or a lil pump vile stuff is amazing... next you will be able to wire a whole boat just not 6 circuits.....

Corrosion Block comes in a spray or a lil pump vile stuff is amazing... next you will be able to wire a whole boat just not 6 circuits.....
Only thing on my boat I have not wired is the radar dome. Everything else was done by me :)...... Next time maybe you'll ask before assuming :cool:

cat fight hold on just getting the pop corn.....

cat fight hold on just getting the pop corn.....
No need WT I was just playing with Wolf. It goes back to the smoked salmon assumptions.... Just poking the sleeping bear for fun. Could be dangerous I know LOL

Lots can be said or assumed well sitting in a armchair with a key board in reach. Some may take things the wrong way and get offended. It happens all the time. It's just how you read it. Should Wolf's comment offend me? Well it could. But hey he didn't know, he didn't ask and I bet right now he doesn't give a f--k........ :)

Enjoy your popcorn........ By the way popcorn is one word here in Canada :cool:

Looks awesome. Good job :cool:. There is some stuff you can spray on the circuit board to help protect it but I can't recall the name. The best part about you doing it yourself is that you can fix a problem really quick if one arises :). If you want to borrow my Brady label machine just let me know.

Its called conformal coat...And good eye John I was going to mention it.... Queale electronics has it... Yes don't leave the board as is....... You will need a few coats....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back