What do you think about these?

I would be extremely hesitant to buy anything of value from vevor. I bought their chamber vacuum sealer for 500 bucks, nothing but problems with it. They did finally agree to refund my purchase price (most of it anyways) but the amount of drama I had to go through to get the refund was silly.

My diesel heater from them has been good, but again false advertising. They called it a 2kw unit but it's a 5kw (I wanted 2kw, cause my cabin is small). Just your typical dodgy Chinese ripoff stuff.

Ok fine. Anybody got a Baystar steering cylinder to part with? Who sells new ones, don't they just sell full kits? I've got a Seastar cylinder I could trade for it.

I would be extremely hesitant to buy anything of value from vevor. I bought their chamber vacuum sealer for 500 bucks, nothing but problems with it. They did finally agree to refund my purchase price (most of it anyways) but the amount of drama I had to go through to get the refund was silly.

My diesel heater from them has been good, but again false advertising. They called it a 2kw unit but it's a 5kw (I wanted 2kw, cause my cabin is small). Just your typical dodgy Chinese ripoff stuff.
The diesel heaters are typically fine and not dodgy or a rip-off. What did you pay vs. Webasto, Esberbacher, etc.? So inexpensive that I bought a second one for parts, if ever needed.

I've had mine for 3 years. Went out this Spring and after 6 months idle , it fired right up. Just like every other time. As for 2 or 5 Kw., it doesn't matter. They will all throttle down on the control panel for less heat. Try it.

The diesel heaters are typically fine and not dodgy or a rip-off. What did you pay vs. Webasto, Esberbacher, etc.? So inexpensive that I bought a second one for parts, if ever needed.

I've had mine for 3 years. Went out this Spring and after 6 months idle , it fired right up. Just like every other time. As for 2 or 5 Kw., it doesn't matter. They will all throttle down on the control panel for less heat. Try it.

Like I said it's been good, but a 2kw on low vs a 5kw on low is a big difference. And yes, they are a rip-off of the espar heaters. The quality is more than adequate for the price, but I did have to fix some questionable fuel line plumbing that came on the all in one heater.

The heater technology goes back to the V.W. Beetles in the '50's. Ryan, by your reckoning, every tire is a rip-off of Goodyear, every camera ripped off Kodak and every tissue ripped off Kleenex. In music, we call it a cover.
Like I said it's been good, but a 2kw on low vs a 5kw on low is a big difference. And yes, they are a rip-off of the espar heaters. The quality is more than adequate for the price, but I did have to fix some questionable fuel line plumbing that came on the all in one heater.

The heater technology goes back to the V.W. Beetles in the '50's. Ryan, by your reckoning, every tire is a rip-off of Goodyear, every camera ripped off Kodak and every tissue ripped off Kleenex. In music, we call it a cover.
I think he meant that a Kia is not a Mercedes Benz. They do get you from A to B though. But these are all valid points.

Marine steering holds one of the biggest liabilities in the boat building world. Im sure its fine for the user, not sure if insurance would cover any major incidences. If someone wanted me to install that on their boat id tell them to take it home and install it yourself as shops cant be held responsible for product failure when the product is not certified and backed. I have no idea on material grade in these and ill just leave it at that. Buyer beware.

Marine steering holds one of the biggest liabilities in the boat building world. Im sure its fine for the user, not sure if insurance would cover any major incidences. If someone wanted me to install that on their boat id tell them to take it home and install it yourself as shops cant be held responsible for product failure when the product is not certified and backed. I have no idea on material grade in these and ill just leave it at that. Buyer beware.
Quick google search and they are junk apparently. Almost quality control on them

Last edited:
For a second helm just on the kicker might be worth a try. They are so similar to baystar I wonder if they get shuffled out the back door of the factory making components for another name brand. I know a few years ago I bough a cheap alternator for my optimax. Identical to the factory one down to the casting #. I figure the factory had merc and no name exits
I would be surprised if their product is not violating several us patents. No way they are made in the same place.

Vevor
Mophorn
Jackery
Mercursey
I've tried a few Amazon offshore brands over the last couple of years. I haven't had a lot of success, at least not long term. I really did give that stuff a fair shake, but the quality just isn't there (for me).
The names, however, never stop making me chuckle lol

Back