What do you drive???

With whats going on with GMC right now it doesnt look good as the gov. seems they are not going to bail them out maybe they need to cut back on the CEO wages quite sad that the amount they make doesnt even come close to ALL the workers wages.

Tough times ahead for them and for us!!!!

Wolf

Yes there are good trucks and bad trucks my old ford whe i sold it had 347,000 kms on it and still going strong but I think the propane conversion made it last. I keep seeing the guy who bought it and he loves it and when he got it checked out the compression was all good on all cylinders guess it comes down to how you treat them if you beat them there going to break.

These new parts on all of trucks i think are not made liked they used to as thats where they make there money on repairs.

Love the Toyota's. Sold my 4Runner last year. Needed something a little bigger to pull a few items.

Not a Ford fan but I have to say that I am impressed with my 2007 F150 fx4

Pulls my 24' Striper with ease. Climbed through the Shasta range of Northern Califronia with not troubles at all. Makes our Malahat and Summit look like pea shooters in comparison.

Good luck with the new truck. Like others have said, seems like a coin toss as to weather you will have problems or not with any brand truck.

HL

PS remeber it isn't always about the pulling cacpacity. MOre importantly is the stopping capabilities of your tow vehicle. Remeber to keep your trailer and it's brakes in tip top order.:)

P1030847.jpg

Heard on today i have never heard of as I own a ford i think itS funny

FORD (flip over for directions)

FORD ( at least they circle there mistakes) now thats funny

FORD (f@#$%^ old rebuilt DODGE)

GMC (GOT MECHANIC COMING)

Im sure there is more anybody else!!!!!!

Wolf

FIAT fix it again Tony
SAAB Swedish Auto Always Broken
Pontiac Poor Old Newfie Thinks It's A Cadillac
FORD Forgive Our Rotten Design
:D:D:D

IMG_1445.jpg

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

252,000 km on my old Toyota 4x4, and still going strong !:D

Mine has 251,000, but we needed a bigger truck to pull the boat, the old girl just could not do it any more. Still my back country fishing and hunting truck though. They are great little trucks!!!!

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Ford – Fix Or Repair Daily
Love my F250 Power Stroke
GLG

Highlights- do you haul your Striper with your 225 HP down? If so, are you concerned about hitting the skeg?

Matador

Pescador: I don't tow my Striper with the main power down. That was just for pictures LOL. I would be worried about the skeg as well.

I bought a '95 F250 PSD 4x4 auto in Sept...4G's...the PO didn't know these engines at all..neither did I but thru the internet and a couple grand in parts and tires and "Beastor" runs like a champ...a heads up for Ford owners with the 7.3 or the 6.0...goto IH for your engine parts...half of what Ford wants...

redrun007.jpg

she ain't pretty...but the fish don' care..;))

mojo

My friend while he was alive put over 1 million kms on a non turbo version and 700,000km on the first turbo version. Biggest expenses were starters and alternators. No transmission troubles and one injector on the turbo version. You can't get any better than that!
Of course tires.:D

IMG_1445.jpg

Back