What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

You can get cables pretty quick online, I’d had a cable stick at high rpm as we left the marina, it was pretty sketchy.
Yeah. I was just about to order some last night then I realized I didn’t add my measurements up correctly and have to re measure now.

On another note, I pulled my batteries out yesterday and am taking them in to get load tested this afternoon. Pretty sure they are fubard being 7 years old. Just need to decide on what new ones to get. I’m leaning more towards an agm and going up in size from the little 660mca that the 2 were.

I would be finishing my eva deck if the Gdam rain would give me a break.When I sell this project boat my next one will be a high carport or garage.Maybe someone wants to build me one with the boat in trade?

I would be finishing my eva deck if the Gdam rain would give me a break.When I sell this project boat my next one will be a high carport or garage.Maybe someone wants to build me one with the boat in trade?
Sorry the weather isn’t cooperating, but would you mind posting pics when you do get it done.

Got the EVA finished other than a few area's I'd like to seal up with black Sikaflex.I left the deck plate screws accessable,but the only reason to pull it would be to do a tank removal which shouldn't be for at least 30 years,so second guessing that decision.Anyways it's one more to do off my list.

Attachments

• IMG_9846.jpg
    IMG_9846.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_9847.jpg
    IMG_9847.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_9848.jpg
    IMG_9848.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 135
Got the EVA finished other than a few area's I'd like to seal up with black Sikaflex.I left the deck plate screws accessable,but the only reason to pull it would be to do a tank removal which shouldn't be for at least 30 years,so second guessing that decision.Anyways it's one more to do off my list.
That looks great!

I’m looking at the same project in a couple of weeks. Any learning? Any tricks on figuring out the geometry of doing your corners and other cuts? And, did you have to apply addition bonding material where it didn’t stick well enough?

I’m looking at the same project in a couple of weeks. Any learning? Any tricks on figuring out the geometry of doing your corners and other cuts? And, did you have to apply addition bonding material where it didn’t stick well enough?
I went by a center line and worked off that.Luckily I fastened the deck plate on center and the table and cabinets on the other side were very close.I used a straight edge for cutting and sometimes peeled back a bit of the backing (to stick to straight edge) and routed the edge.I cut a piece of plywood to the correct radius for the corners.A new edge exacto knife seemed to work as well as anything. I did mask off and use spray adhesive after cleaning the area with acetone .Worked out pretty well and looks balanced side to side.Used my leftover pieces on the pod corners.

Placed it on the market!

Got the boat out on the Pitt River yesterday for the first time this year.

Prior to launch, pulled out my two old/original batteries, replaced with a single higher output AGM battery and modified the disconnect switch to eliminate the 2nd battery connection (my electrical load is pretty minimal and I wanted to ditch the extra weight - I carry a jump pack as a backup). Still need to clean up the wiring a bit and maybe buy a new battery box, but everything worked fine. I bought the boat second hand, and I need to make an electrical schematic - still learning how everything is wired. The auto bilge pump wiring is still a bit of a mystery to me...

Random marine parts gripe:

I was using an automotive battery and needed adapter studs. Standard part and easy to find, but for some reason all adapters studs are sized at 5/16" for negative and 3/8" for positive. Doesn't matter if you buy them as a set or individually - they always come this way and are marked as +/- on on the adapter. Fair enough - I buy the adapters.

Try to install - no dice. The ring connectors for my positive terminal are all 5/16" and won't fit over a 3/8" stud. Have to scramble around on Saturday to find a second 5/16" adapter. In the end no problem, everything worked out.

My question is why they would make adapters with mismatched stud size. You need to carry around a second socket size, and most marine batteries seem to come with either 5/16" or M8 studs on both terminals (on my old battery both terminals were 5/16" and I checked the Rolls catalogue, and every marine battery the sell all the way up to 200ah uses M8 studs on both terminals). Where does the 3/8" size even come from, and why are all kits sold with the mismatched size?

Other weird stuff: Most adapters are just pure lead, but the more expensive ones are lead plated brass. Not sure which is better, but I just went with pure lead.

Installed a NMEA 2000 network to get my Suzuki DF250 information onto my Lowrance HDS Live display. Fairly easy install but had to get the proper Suzuki SMIS Interface cable software version and also needed the SDS to SMIS adapter. It’s pretty cool to have the digital rpm, fuel flow, temperature, hours etc on the screen to fine tune cruise speed and fuel burn. I just ordered a shorter NMEA cable to eliminate one of the big loops off the backbone

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpeg
    IMG_0209.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 19
Installed a NMEA 2000 network to get my Suzuki DF250 information onto my Lowrance HDS Live display. Fairly easy install but had to get the proper Suzuki SMIS Interface cable software version and also needed the SDS to SMIS adapter. It’s pretty cool to have the digital rpm, fuel flow, temperature, hours etc on the screen to fine tune cruise speed and fuel burn. I just ordered a shorter NMEA cable to eliminate one of the big loops off the backbone
Nice, I should look to see if we can connect my motor to my Lowrance Elite FS...

Back