What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Finished installing a new diesel heater after the old one went out in a thick cloud of white smoke after sitting unused for a year. No more foggy windows! At $160 delivered I will never not have one of these in the boat. I used a portable propane heater for a couple trips while waiting for delivery and was reminded how much nicer the dry heat is from these units.

Havnt decided yet I have a couple cases of nyalic might try a couple spots this year to see if it holds up, won’t have time to do the whole boat this year if anyone has used it and can give me some good reviews I’ll make it happen before my season starts
With that shine, I’d hang a couple hooks at the back of her! Get the meat lines going! 😂😂😂

Main engine: 2005 Honda BF90. Oil/filter change, fuel filter and spark plugs. Still a cold blooded bugger. Runs great but a little hard to start when cold.

Kicker : 2015 8hp Yamaha 4 stroke
Plugs, oil/filter and fuel filter. Fires up first pull.

Last edited:
Found suitable moorage for the time being. That doesn't sound like much but with the moorage shortage here on the north shore, this was a hail Mary that worked out of sorts. Doubles my transit time to English Bay but at least it's floating! It will be interesting to see if mcm is rebuilt.
That’s awesome!

Cleaned the old girl out, power washed and scrubbed. Found some crab bait from a couple months ago 🤮

Ran the motor for a bit for the first time in a couple months. She fired right up and ran for a while with no issues.

Ready to hit the water tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_8308.jpeg
    IMG_8308.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_8309.jpeg
    IMG_8309.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_8314.jpeg
    IMG_8314.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_8312.jpeg
    IMG_8312.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 116
Finished installing a new diesel heater after the old one went out in a thick cloud of white smoke after sitting unused for a year. No more foggy windows! At $160 delivered I will never not have one of these in the boat. I used a portable propane heater for a couple trips while waiting for delivery and was reminded how much nicer the dry heat is from these units.

Good plan. We run ours at least once a month year round to try and keep it happy.

I bought myself a warranty replacement unit on Amazon while they were on sale a few weeks ago.

Well finally move it in front of my shop, full on brake gut on my trailer has started , once that’s done will try to make up my mind on what to do for power

View attachment 104257
Added a Scotty mount to my family inflatable, repaired the fins on our paddle board and attempted to reattached the transom of my project inflatable. Dam hot out, was enjoying a cold one when a member sent me his fishing report of 2 Hali and 8 crabs. Time to get the boat in the water! View attachment 104258
Not sure I would trust the painting paper to hold it in place 😜

Back