What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

I removed the rails off of the back of my Commander and cleaned it up a bit by filling old screw holes and fixing some stress cracks around screw holes. When I fish rivers inlet we jump down onto the swim grid to release the fish and the movement in the rail from climbing over it caused some cracking in the gelcoat . I built some brackets for my riggers and lowered the rail 9”. I didn’t want to use my rigger rod holders for Hali so I installed some flush mounts for my strikers for when I’m anchored for Hali. I previously had my riggers and rod holders up on the rail and I didn’t like it at all. I left the rear part of the rail off the boat as well. This should make it a little nicer to fish from and is still safe for the kids.
IMG_1381.jpeg
IMG_1377.jpeg
IMG_1380.jpeg

I removed the rails off of the back of my Commander and cleaned it up a bit by filling old screw holes and fixing some stress cracks around screw holes. When I fish rivers inlet we jump down onto the swim grid to release the fish and the movement in the rail from climbing over it caused some cracking in the gelcoat . I built some brackets for my riggers and lowered the rail 9”. I didn’t want to use my rigger rod holders for Hali so I installed some flush mounts for my strikers for when I’m anchored for Hali. I previously had my riggers and rod holders up on the rail and I didn’t like it at all. I left the rear part of the rail off the boat as well. This should make it a little nicer to fish from and is still safe for the kids.
View attachment 103666
View attachment 103665
View attachment 103664
Man, it's so nice to know you're sticking with your rig. Then putting effort like this into it is rewarding and fun. It takes years to know exactly what works and what doesn't. Nice work.

Last edited:
I built a set like that for my buddy. 316 stainless.
Very similar to what I'm in the process of building. Very much looking forward to getting rid of the Scotty plastic rod holders. I use Folbe rod holders for Halis, used them for Sturgeon on the jet boat, much much tougher just don't like butt of rod inboard of the gunnel.

View attachment 103666
View attachment 103665
View attachment 103664
Just teasing us with the rear end shot! Looking dam good!

Finally took care of my rusty nuts.

Dealt with the sketchy bow eye situation I noticed at the end of last season, after having the boat for a few months. 1987 Arima and that was the original bow eye as evidenced by the fact I had to cut the interior liner to get to it.

Of course, I adhere strictly to the old adage of "measure once, cut twice" :mad:

I'll come up with something better than that stupid looking piece of starboard.

The eye itself looked new, but the nuts had seen better days. The bottom one was basically dust... I chiselled most of it off with a flat head, and then put increasingly smaller and smaller sockets on what should have been a 9/16 until I could twist it off. New stainless washers, and double nuts. Should be good for a while now.

20240302_135720.jpg

20240302_124105.jpg
20240302_162130.jpg
20240302_165416.jpg

Almost ready to splash my old girl!
Over the past 2 weeks new props (down-pitched) on the Bravo III.
New trim pump. Removed the excess, then tidied up and fused the battery cables.
Now a new Edelbrock intake manifold and cold air intakes going on. Supposed to bring on slightly greater maximum torque, down to my cruising rpm's. If the weather improves, I'll get a coat of wax on her, too.

Big project Bryce, are you going to keep it to hull only? Will look pretty sharp
Not doing the cab doing the gunnels and high traffic area in the back, don’t have time to do anymore then that this year was 35 hrs to do the hull it turned out great tho!

Back