What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Hi

I just posted a thread looking for pictures of a diesel heater install in a Kingfisher, mine is a 2425, but they are generally all the same, I think the boat in your picture is a Kingfisher as well? Mind sharing some pictures or information of where the heater is installed, where the exhaust exits the hull, where the fuel tank is mounted etc?
My boat is a Thunderjet but I’ll give you some info nonetheless. The heater is installed in the front section under the door to the bow. It’s plumbed out the port side for the exhaust due to the exhaust of the heater on that side. The fill is also on that side but it is up above the front window next to my gas tank fill. My tank is 40L and is located under the floor of the front passenger seat in a welded aluminum tank.

My boat is a Thunderjet but I’ll give you some info nonetheless. The heater is installed in the front section under the door to the bow. It’s plumbed out the port side for the exhaust due to the exhaust of the heater on that side. The fill is also on that side but it is up above the front window next to my gas tank fill. My tank is 40L and is located under the floor of the front passenger seat in a welded aluminum tank.
Hi, thank you very much! Just for, clarity. Is the exhaust exiting the hull port side at the bow? If so, do you have any smell of exhaust at the stern of the boat while you are fishing?
Also, that front area is often used for storage of life jackets etc, considering how things move around is there a box around the heater and the exhaust etc?

Hi, thank you very much! Just for, clarity. Is the exhaust exiting the hull port side at the bow? If so, do you have any smell of exhaust at the stern of the boat while you are fishing?
Also, that front area is often used for storage of life jackets etc, considering how things move around is there a box around the heater and the exhaust etc?
No smell unless it’s super windy. And yes. It’s on the port side inline with where the heater is mounted. The area where it’s mounted is covered up on my boat so I have no issues with stuff interfering.

I installed a Sionyx Nightwave night vision camera this weekend. It will be a game changer avoiding logs in the early morning runs.

Wasn’t overly technical to install. Started with deciding to locate it under my hardtop to stay out of the radar’s view field. They supply a template for drilling holes. And a few trips to Harbour Chandler later to get the correct metric threaded mounting bolts and I was off to the races.

Ran the wiring down to my Garmin units and using the supplied video adapter I connected to the Garmin unit. Ran separate power to my fuse panel and it was ready to run.

I had to down load their app to make adjustment to display the image correctly as they come pre- configured to be top mounted and as I had under mounted it the initial image was upside down.

Waited until dark and fired it up in my shop. The attached images show the shop view when the lights are on and the Sionyx view on the Garmin once lights are off.
IMG_5085.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5083.jpeg
    IMG_5083.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5082.jpeg
    IMG_5082.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5081.jpeg
    IMG_5081.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5086.jpeg
    IMG_5086.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 113
I installed a Sionyx Nightwave night vision camera this weekend. It will be a game changer avoiding logs in the early morning runs.

Wasn’t overly technical to install. Started with deciding to locate it under my hardtop to stay out of the radar’s view field. They supply a template for drilling holes. And a few trips to Harbour Chandler later to get the correct metric threaded mounting bolts and I was off to the races.

Ran the wiring down to my Garmin units and using the supplied video adapter I connected to the Garmin unit. Ran separate power to my fuse panel and it was ready to run.

I had to down load their app to make adjustment to display the image correctly as they come pre- configured to be top mounted and as I had under mounted it the initial image was upside down.

Waited until dark and fired it up in my shop. The attached images show the shop view when the lights are on and the Sionyx view on the Garmin once lights are off.
View attachment 101825
That’s wicked

View attachment 101825
That’s a game changer for your sockeye trips

How far of a distance will it work? Absolutely awesome product!
I haven't yet had it on the water, however did a lot of research prior to making the investment. There are a number of youtube videos showing the sionyx in action and its pretty impressive. I would say that it goes out to the usual visual range. Of course running out we are normally not as much interested in seeing a mile out, as we are seeing a few hundred yards. In one of the videos I viewed you could see fish swirls ahead of the boat. The other visual feature I Iiked is the image is more or less true colour as opposed to images you get from a FLIR unit.

One of my other buds has one and he showed me a video he took one evening when he was going from home to the pub across the lake. It was pitch black out, and. you could only see a few lights on the other side of the lake. He panned the video over to the unit and you could see every ripple on the water, shoreline, other boats. It was amazing.

I'm parked on a downhill slope. All the rain collects in the storage compartments just behind the wheelhouse. Like lots of rain---20 liters or so.... It was clear that if I didn't jack the trailer tongue up I ran the risk on the next freeze of cracking the fiberglas or just as bad, blowing up the pump I use to suck the storage compartments dry

Today there were chunks of ice puking out of the pump from the deep freeze last week....not good

Got the ice out of there so the pump works and stuck a pile of timber under the tongue I picked up off the beach from the last KIng Tides

Just in time for the next rain storm...I can sleep better now

IMG_1756.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm parked on a downhill slope. All the rain collects in the storage compartments just behind the wheelhouse. Like lots of rain---20 liters or so.... It was clear that if I didn't jack the trailer tongue up I ran the risk on the next freeze of cracking the fiberglas or just as bad, blowing up the pump I use to suck the storage compartments dry

Today there were chunks of ice puking out of the pump from the deep freeze last week....not good

Got the ice out of there so the pump works and stuck a pile of timber under the tongue I picked up off the beach from the last KIng Tides

Just in time for the next rain storm...I can sleep better now

View attachment 102079
Nice job and great looking dog too!!

Came out this morning to see the snow had collapsed my Bimini. I expected the worst but the snow just popped the brackets out of the rails that they sit in. No bent tubing so all back to normal now. Need to bring a shelter home from work and stop relying on the canvas cover and Bimini

Attachments

• IMG_5759.jpeg
    IMG_5759.jpeg
    428.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5761.jpeg
    IMG_5761.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5763.jpeg
    IMG_5763.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5764.jpeg
    IMG_5764.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 58
While jacking up the tongue of my boat trailer to get rain going out the scuppers rather then down into the hull of the boat I also fabbed and attached a pair of flanges so I could re-position the transom tie-down straps so they weren't putting pressure on my trim tabs

I ordered a 12" bar of 3/8" aluminum flat-bar on eBay (total over-kill on the thickness) , cut the slab in half, drilled my holes and got it done.IMG_1738.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 101825
Game changer! Where did you get it from? I’m trying to manage my boat upgrade list and budget and have been tempted by the open box pricing from a seller on the hull truth.

Upgraded my fish finder from a lowrance HDS5 to an HDS10. Came with everything except a transducer. Question is will the 50/200hz basic transducer from the hds5 be alright or should I be looking at upgrading that too? If so what’s the one everyone’s using? 95% of my fishing is in freshwater if that makes a difference IMG_7818.jpeg

Last edited:
Upgraded my fish finder from a lowrance HDS5 to an HDS10. Came with everything except a transducer. Question is will the 50/200hz basic transducer from the hds5 be alright or should I be looking at upgrading that too? If so what’s the one everyone’s using? 95% of my fishing is in freshwater if that makes a difference View attachment 102254
P66 is a great all around ducer

Back