What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Just did a simple fastener swap on my prawn puller base that I put together out of spare parts. Removed the hex head bolts that were pulling the washers through the hole and went to socket head cap screws. Although they are 5/16 cap screws, you have to use the 1/4” washer because the 5/16 version is too big to fit in the recess. As well, three out of four I had to hit with a rattail file just so they slipped over the threads. And in the last photo, I didn’t have my Allen wrench set with me so I just put one of the bits in the screwdriver backwards, and it fit inside the socket head cap screw perfectly. Put a crescent wrench on it and tighten them nice and snug.

Before

6468C6A7-27D4-4155-8B50-0AFD9E37DC0F.jpeg

After

DF6C5B41-5690-49E0-B162-3D4129938C65.jpeg7982801E-1956-441F-8E72-4F1B1D896C49.jpeg5E6B5245-0BA3-4D90-A1BF-667C45DF0AD0.jpeg

Had the boat out for annual maintenance on the weekend. Zincs, Bottom paint, and a bit of drive maintenance. Gave me a chance to polish and wax the hull.
I have changed from Mequiars Flagship wax to Star Brite Premium Marine Polish with PTEF. It goes on and off really easy and seems to keep the shine all year.

IMG_6418.JPG

Finally got the gimble torn apart all old stuff out got the new stuff but still need the gimble bearing seal and the water inlet plastic pipe. Waiting on the other speciality tools to arrive from Amazon,man I miss Joe from Haney marine,no one will rent or lend tools,it's all good ill have all of them now.

Finally got the gimble torn apart all old stuff out got the new stuff but still need the gimble bearing seal and the water inlet plastic pipe. Waiting on the other speciality tools to arrive from Amazon,man I miss Joe from Haney marine,no one will rent or lend tools,it's all good ill have all of them now.
Joe was great. I bought a few outboards off him and lots of parts.

Had the boat out for annual maintenance on the weekend. Zincs, Bottom paint, and a bit of drive maintenance. Gave me a chance to polish and wax the hull.
I have changed from Mequiars Flagship wax to Star Brite Premium Marine Polish with PTEF. It goes on and off really easy and seems to keep the shine all year.

View attachment 78599

I have a year on the same Starbrite Premium Marine Polish with PTF of wet slipped in a shed and its remarkable how well it has held up on the hull sides, yours looks awesome. New coat will go on mine tomorrow and back in the water she goes, also on the hard currently at LGM for more than I bargained for IO service haha...

Did he shut it down? He was a great guy. I dealt with him many times over the years.
He sold it to a company that owns 5 shops or so around town. Same guys working there pretty much but different business model. They junked their old parts and don’t like little jobs much anymore. Weird business model because their bread and butter seemed to be fixing peoples old outboards and what not

I have a year on the same Starbrite Premium Marine Polish with PTF of wet slipped in a shed and its remarkable how well it has held up on the hull sides, yours looks awesome. New coat will go on mine tomorrow and back in the water she goes, also on the hard currently at LGM for more than I bargained for IO service haha...
I think I walk past your boat at LGM. They were power washing it

This morning? That would be interesting as it was power washed when we hauled out on Sunday, no shortage of miscoms around that yard haha
If it's not undercover at that shithole you'd probably want it washed every day. All kinds of strange dust in the air.

If it's not undercover at that shithole you'd probably want it washed every day. All kinds of strange dust in the air.

It used to be just as / if not worse, indoors...all that sulphur in the air is super awesome if you don't have antiskid decks already, gross AF otherwise. Can't wait to get it out of there for sure.

ah yep, that was us, I was the surely looking owner watching last seasons bottom paint go flying...
Sorry I should have stopped and said hi but was not sure it was you. The power washing is brutal on the bottom paint along with the travel lift

Back