What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

I figured since the boat is gonna be hauled out next week to remove the hopped lump, I'd have a look and see what these bearings look like in the trailer. It's gone like 20 kms from brand new, tops, so I just would hose them off after launch and call it a day. Hmmm seems kind of crunchy...fak
Intersted in see if you do anything on this because I'm scared to take mine off , but better in the driveway then on the road to Bamf. Please post some progress pics

Intersted in see if you do anything on this because I'm scared to take mine off , but better in the driveway then on the road to Bamf. Please post some progress pics

Ya me too, I've ordered all new drum brake assemblies and drums / hubs. Etrailer makes it easy, bearings, seal, races all pregreased and assembled. I've pb-blatsed everything and just now successfully broke the brake flare nuts away which was my biggest concern. The rest is just turning bolts, breaking knuckles and teaching the kids next level swear words.

Soak everything day after day in pbblaster and I am ready to use heat on the old hardware too, the bolt heads inside the brake assembly are totally hopped.

Ya me too, I've ordered all new drum brake assemblies and drums / hubs. Etrailer makes it easy, bearings, seal, races all pregreased and assembled. I've pb-blatsed everything and just now successfully broke the brake flare nuts away which was my biggest concern. The rest is just turning bolts, breaking knuckles and teaching the kids next level swear words.

Soak everything day after day in pbblaster and I am ready to use heat on the old hardware too, the bolt heads inside the brake assembly are totally hopped.
Put some nipples on the back of the backing plates, run hoses down the trailer with a quick connect somewhere so you can flush the inside of the brakes makes a huge difference and doesn’t cost much!

I figured since the boat is gonna be hauled out next week to remove the hopped lump, I'd have a look and see what these bearings look like in the trailer. It's gone like 20 kms from brand new, tops, so I just would hose them off after launch and call it a day. Hmmm seems kind of crunchy...fak
Brutal, it seems like I spend more money on my trailer than my boat. I hate trailers!!!

Tried to take it out today but the trim on the leg had other plans and decided to not go down… I love boating.

Put some nipples on the back of the backing plates, run hoses down the trailer with a quick connect somewhere so you can flush the inside of the brakes makes a huge difference and doesn’t cost much!
how did you do this? are you talking the nipples that come with a brake wash down system?

how did you do this? are you talking the nipples that come with a brake wash down system?
Not familiar with the brake wash down system, a small piece of 1/2” pipe welded to the back and drilled out to allow a hose connection.

Not familiar with the brake wash down system, a small piece of 1/2” pipe welded to the back and drilled out to allow a hose connection.
oh nice i think i get it. you can buy a brake wash down system but i don’t think it allows for much water pressure. your method sounds interesting

oh nice i think i get it. you can buy a brake wash down system but i don’t think it allows for much water pressure. your method sounds interesting
Got the idea from a boses trailer it worked really well, could use pex, irrigation pipe etc down the trailer if you wanted a better look but an old garden hose cut up does the trick if your not picky, for tandems you’ll want to split the system to only flush 2 wheels at a time so you keep the volume/pressure up..

I'm pretty sure it dropped a valve. Block is intact but it's knocking louder and louder...oil is clear, no over heat condition just some good old detonation.

Who do you like for a long block? Those Michigan Motorz guys have been around a long time and have what they claim will swap into my accessories in stock, ready to ship...

I'm taking my fury out on these chilli hot wings I just loaded into the smoker...2.5 hours from now game on.
Owch that is no fun! Sounds like it's getting fixed up but that's a kick in the nuts I feel for you. Pod in the fall is a great idea...

Small victory, finally found my 3/8 flare wrench and managed to break each
Owch that is no fun! Sounds like it's getting fixed up but that's a kick in the nuts I feel for you. Pod in the fall is a great idea...

I know a guy on the Coast who can knock this off with his eyes closed...hold up, that's you!

Should be back in business end of May with a bit of kick.

Small victory, finally found my 3/8 flare wrench and managed to break each

I know a guy on the Coast who can knock this off with his eyes closed...hold up, that's you!

Should be back in business end of May with a bit of kick.
hahah I'm retired in June :p
That's really good news. you will be on the water before me :)

Back