What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Sea trials - it floats.
seatrials.jpg

I buy the soap by the gallon. I have honeydew, strawberry and MR PINK. They range from $35-60 per gallon. I just ordered another honeydew when I posted the link as it’s on sale right now.

When it comes to my vehicles and boat, I have an open wallet policy and I go generous with the soap, at least double the directions say. Maybe a buck a week to not have swirl marks in my paint and a rusty boat trailer :)

I’ll also give a 5* review for McGuire’s or Mothers ceramic spray. It waxes your vehicle for months just by spraying on a wet clean vehicle and power washing right off. Science!!!
View attachment 63057View attachment 63062View attachment 63063View attachment 63064View attachment 63065
you are the reason there is no salmon. shame on you sir!

To get the thickest foam possible adjust the nozzle so it’s almost closed and adjust the soap to water ration dial to the max. It will be like shaving cream

The soap is pH balance so it will never do that.
Always recommended to wash in the shade still

What I did was the drive on my T9.9 HT kicker with less than 100 hrs on it by dragging it for a quarter mile under power of the main. I’d run in from fishing at Porlier, pulled the prawn trap and somehow during the process the kicker was lowered part way. After this costly error I’ll be looking over my shoulder every time I power up whether I’ve had the kicker down or not. A push on the up button to confirm it’s up will happen every time as well.
Insult to injury was the boat was finally berthed at Ladysmith after the winter in the driveway and it’s back in the driveway after two days

New owner took delivery of the Campion today kinda sad to see it go as it was a great boat for one or two people to fish. A couple days ago I epoxied the first layer of the transom into place on the Double Eagle. One more layer and then it will be ready to be fully glassed into place.

Last edited:
Went to install my autopilot on Friday, couldn’t get it all finished and we were going fishing yesterday. Got back at it this morning only to realize that I need more hoses with specific fittings. Lowrance’s site seriously lacks any description of what’s needed. I purchased the verado fit kit only to find out it’s pretty much useless. I’m gonna do a full write up once it’s installed so if anyone else runs into the problem, it’ll save them some time and money. $450 for a kit that’s useless is wild. Off to the hydraulic shop tomorrow.

Amazon Lightning Deal. $31.98. Ordered. Thanks, the Canadian Tire option doesn't support my PSI and is more expensive.
Definitely better buy on Amazon. I run mine on my 3500 psi gas model with no issues as well I have a smaller 1750 psi electric for light jobs, works fine with both.

On a hot summer day I can see that soap baking onto the car way before you can actually get thru the hand wash process.
Yes they work fine for light road grime and water spots on the boats but if you have any serious dirt or baked on bugs it still requires a good hand scrubbing

It always requires a hand wash on your cars with a clean microfibre mitt. It’s just to loosen contaminants so you aren’t putting swirl marks in the paint.
I like to drench the trailer and underside of the boat with the soap and let sit for 5 minutes then power wash it off. Bye bye salt!

Back