What’s this tube for?

Fisherman Rob

Anyone know what this grey painted rubber tube is for that goes from the motor mount into the lower unit? I had my water pump replaced and it came back from the shop disconnected. I didn’t notice until after taking the boat out in the ocean. I reconnected it, but not sure what the consequence may be. Shop thinks it’s an old speedometer tube. Motor is a 1996 Yamaha 115.

Attachments

• 6129E056-BB4B-452D-A295-AD316EFA765F.jpeg
    6129E056-BB4B-452D-A295-AD316EFA765F.jpeg
    497.3 KB · Views: 80
Anyone know what this grey painted rubber tube is for that goes from the motor mount into the lower unit? I had my water pump replaced and it came back from the shop disconnected. I didn’t notice until after taking the boat out in the ocean. I reconnected it, but not sure what the consequence may be. Shop thinks it’s an old speedometer tube. Motor is a 1996 Yamaha 115.
I’d 2nd the speedo tube

Also, my tach only registers zero RPM now. I suspect some wire somewhere is disconnected. Any ideas on where to start?

I plugged mine off because they plug up all the time and never work..I use the speed function on my plotter to know how fast I'm going...way more accurate and reliable.

Back