West Marine Closing down

You have a new fishing store now . It's in Tsawassen. Bass pro. It's a Walmart size store, and even has a bowling alley. It looks like they imported the whole thing from Texas, or wherever they catch bass. Thousands of little spinning rods and anything you guys need for your bass fishing. Lots of pontoon boats and Jon boats too. There's a huge aquarium there too. Lots of diseased looking things in it. I think it must be to show what happens when fish are farmed.

I always found W.M. a bit pricey, unless they had a sale or a special on, and fishing stuff was thin with some weird stuff thrown in.
But staff were great and stores well organized.

S.H. kinda different. Prices better, in general, very disorganized, with staff Very Variable.

Nikka was a lot better but gone now, and PNT wasn't very sporty friendly in years past. That's gotten a lot better.

Most stuff I buy when I think of it wherever I am. Pacific Angler gets most of my business over here, because its close, with the occasional stop at PNT Steveston or Berry's. Most of my shopping done over on the island on the drive from the ferry to Tofino; Gone Fishin (x 2), wholesales sports or Cabela's maybe if have some time to kill, PNT, and then C.V. in Tofino, with an occasional drive down to Cap'n Hooks in Ukee - maybe my favorite place to shop.

Won't miss West Marine that much. Could kinda see it coming, I think I was the only shopper in W.M. in Richmond or Van pretty much every time I went, and I didn't buy a lot there.

The 30% off as mentioned is just on a few items everything else if full price-I spent 10 minutes there yesterday and couldn't find anything I needed-which is what usually happens there.

Back