weed wacker repair ?

I've got an old Ryobi that I purchased for $99 about 15 years ago as a refurb from one of those clearance outlets. Over the last couple years it would only run with the choke partially on, and at full speed. Would not idle and starting was a pain. This winter I was going to rebuild the carb and found the carb kit that included gaskets, primer bulb and fuel lines for $17. During my search on Amazon -- I also found they sell brand new carburetors for $19 that fit the unit. Figured what the hell. Fit perfectly -- has to McGuiver the throttle cable a bit. Machine starts right up, idles and works like it did when it was new. Total time for disassembly and reassembly was about 30 minutes.

https://www.amazon.ca/Carburetor-Sh...d=1493658938&sr=8-1&keywords=ryobi+carburetor is what I got...

I've got an old Ryobi that I purchased for $99 about 15 years ago as a refurb from one of those clearance outlets. Over the last couple years it would only run with the choke partially on, and at full speed. Would not idle and starting was a pain. This winter I was going to rebuild the carb and found the carb kit that included gaskets, primer bulb and fuel lines for $17. During my search on Amazon -- I also found they sell brand new carburetors for $19 that fit the unit. Figured what the hell. Fit perfectly -- has to McGuiver the throttle cable a bit. Machine starts right up, idles and works like it did when it was new. Total time for disassembly and reassembly was about 30 minutes.

https://www.amazon.ca/Carburetor-Sh...d=1493658938&sr=8-1&keywords=ryobi+carburetor is what I got...

I know hey! Like I said I'm my post.. mine went on a snow blower so choke and throttle linkage were different but such exact copies I just unscrewed the butterfly's and installed the original shafts in the new carb. Choke hold spring was in the wrong place but there was a dimple for the alternate location, drilled it and pulled the spring and loctited in new location. I spent 1.5 hours messing around cleaning out old gas, poking holes, cleaning with carb cleaner before ordering the new carb.

Back