Website Designers

the fog ducker

Fellas

Looking for someone to design a couple of websites for us , I have the domains in place , don't want to spend a ton of Cash , any help is appreciated , kosi99@hotmail.com
604-802-9971

Cheers

FD,,,;)

kosi99@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

This link should work
http://catfishwebcreations.com/

I have seen her work and it looks good.

You might want to use Wordpress software.
That way you can make your own changes and save costs.
GLG

$1600! I'm going to have to raise the prices for our designs. :D

My design partner and I do mostly fishing websites, goal is simple, clean, professional designs. More a hobby than a job though (both have day jobs), so time is sometimes tight. Send me a PM if you want more info. "Advice is free".

There are numerous sites now that have template-based designs so that a non-techie can develop a simple website. However, I think most are hosted and "free" -- meaning you pay nothing, but don't get a custom URL and there's advertising on your site.

We are experimenting right now with wordpress for site design. Wordpress is the main software used for blogging these days, but some people are expanding it to make whole sites. Advantage is that once designed, the entire site can be maintained by non-techies without requiring special software. Disadvantage is that they are relatively simple and blocky -- somewhat limited in how custom and creative they can be.

http://fishingportrenfrew.ca
http://fishingsooke.ca
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/juandesooka

quote:Originally posted by UNKNOWN

<Snip>

...a basic site should not cost more than $300. Where more complex site can range in price from $1,000 to 10,000 or more depending on the focus.

In general, if you pay more than $1500 for a basic original site design and graphics - you may be paying too much.
R.

...no, I am not for hire.;)

Ya, and you should be able to hire a profesional guide for $300 per day as well.

Like all things in life, you get what you pay for. Graphic design is no different.

Sure you can hire some computer hack to throw together a website for you that may be technically good, but does it look good? Does it get you customers?

I have a friend who is a very talented scientist and knows computers inside and out - but his graphic design skills are shall we say... lacking. I can spot one of his sites a mile away - they all look pretty much the same.

My ex used to do website design before she became a realtor. With her it was the full meal deal. You got someone who was computer literate and able to run the programs, she has an English degree so she can take your scribbled notes and write the narrative, she is a profesional photographer by trade, so she can do all your photography to a high skill level, and she is also an artist, so she has a good sense of color and style. She also spent a year, full time at BCIT doing a computer graphics & website design course.

You will pay a decent price for her work, but you will get the best she has to offer, and from what I have seen, she is a fair bit better than most hacks out there.

Take a look at a lot of the websites based in Tahsis to see her work. Some of them are linked off of my links page. BTW, she had very little to do with my website - only the buttons and a few technical aspects. I do most everything else.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

I'm not really up to speed on what sites are better looking than others , haven't relly payed attention , someone mentioned www.invictuscharters.com , seems like it may have been removed , heres a free plug for him :D , i thought his sight was simple , to the point , 7 - 10 pages of info , works for me , honestly , most of the time i hit a website , it's to get there contact info , I already know of ther experience and capabilities through word of mouth , An expensive website is nice to look at , but , doesn't alway's mean there GOOD !..;)... Serengetti , We know ur good , ur website didn't tell me that.;)...

Cheers guy's ... Have a look at Invictus's site as an example , email me with rough prices , I need 2 sites designed

FD... or 604-802-9971 - Felix...

kosi99@hotmail.com

IMG_3509.jpg

A few things I've found about website development:

-- I personally like clean and simple sites, no animation, multimedia add-ons, over-designed, etc. I want it organized logically, so that customers can navigate it intuitively and find what they are looking for quickly and easily. Don't make your customers search!

-- a little bit of flair is a good thing; e.g., a unique, creative, and attractive logo or top banner that gives an immediate good impression. Makes you stand out from the blocky template-based sites that abound now. This is where the art comes in. For example, I know a bit of html and can hack around with making very simple webpages myself, but the designer I work with just blows me away with what she comes up with. It would be worth paying a bit more if you want that kind of graphic design expertise -- just make sure if you're paying more, that's actually what you're getting! (don't pay design rates for no-design site). Ask for a portfolio, check out some references.

-- if you're doing it for promotion, to try and bring customers in, developing the site is only the first step, you need to have a comprehensive promotion strategy (and budget). The analogy would be building an attractive storefront on a street no one knows about. Being online is a good step, but you've got to find ways to bring people onto your site. Search engine optimization (SEO) is another big part of web promotion, in both design and ongoing investment. But it isn't rocket science, much of it you can do yourself, just it's time consuming and requires constant attention.

A few random thoughts that hopefully help...good luck!

John

quote:Originally posted by UNKNOWN

Sushi - the optimum two sentences were "...a basic site should not cost more than $300. Where more complex site can range in price from $1,000 to 10,000 or more depending on the focus.
"

A basic website takes me about 1.5 to 2 hours to complete.;)

R.

Can you point us to a couple of sites that took you less than 2 hours to do?

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

FogDucker,

Definitely give my buddy Dave a call. He has just helped me redo a website so that I can manage it easily going forward. I'm not a techy so that is appealing to me without always having to pay someone to make small changes. I'd show you my new site, but we're just putting the finishing touches on it.

He is just starting his own company after doing web development for others for years. I know he'll give you a good price.

And he fishes out of Poett Nook every year, so you'll have lots in common.

Give Dave a call at (250) 634-0076

Good luck.

Highliner

www.salmonboats.ca

Back