webasto heater

S

silverbullet77

i just purchased a webasto air top 2000 with install kit for under 1600 bucks.it seems perfect for a 22 double eagle.does anyone have any install tips.im looking forward to keeping warm

lance

My Webesto rocks. First off, put the heater as far aft as possible, and the exhuast even farther aft. A couple whiffs of diesel exhaust will send anyone onboard hurling over the edge. The thermostat I have mounted on my dash, seems good there. I tried three of the 2" openings, it didn't move enough air to feed them, so stick with 2. Oh yeah, and they are a ***** to get primed, I finally just put my tank on the roof of the boat and turned it over untill the Webesto got it's prime, from there on in it was fine. They come with a little copper coil that goes in the exhaust hose to allow water out, cap the damn thing off and drain it manually, it LOVES to "chuff" a little exhaust into the cabin once in a while.

Otherwise, you are going to love it! And get ready to spend a lot of time priming it, my advice on top of putting the tank on the roof, I use a kicker priming bulb. Squeeze it untill it is hard, then put some vice grips on it to REALLY suqeeze it, the tiny little pump in the kit does not pass air very fast.

thanks for the tips.my dad had a espar d2 on his 30 commander and it worked awesome.should make winter fishing on the kicker a whole lot warmer

lance

Last chance, I'm also considering a webasto for my 25 foot bayliner but on webasto's website it recomended the 3500 not the 2000. Which did you go with and how late/early in the season do you use it?

quote:Originally posted by taipan

Last chance, I'm also considering a webasto for my 25 foot bayliner but on webasto's website it recomended the 3500 not the 2000. Which did you go with and how late/early in the season do you use it?

I ran mine all last winter, even in the snow, it was not a problem. A Bayliner has a lot larger cabin then I do, you may want the bigger model as I had mine on boost a lot of the time.

Thanks, that's good to know. Just as a side point I work at a freightliner dealership and we had a flyer out a while back that had the 2000 on special for 1200 bucks. Seemed pretty reasonable to me if anyone else is shopping.

quote:Originally posted by taipan

Thanks, that's good to know. Just as a side point I work at a freightliner dealership and we had a flyer out a while back that had the 2000 on special for 1200 bucks. Seemed pretty reasonable to me if anyone else is shopping.

Is that for the self install kit? The kit has lots of nice little fittings, hoses and connectors that look expensive.

i just paid 1788 taxes in for the unit as well as the install kit from river marine in van.The closest price on the island was 2200 before tax.to bad it wont be installed before the derby

Lance

pretty sure that included the kit. Worth checking into anyways. I think marine shop's have a higher mark up than truck dealers, especially in a small town. Almost every rig in the north with a sleeper on it has a webasto

Back