We Lost a Great One...

IronNoggin

Morgan.jpg

It is with profound sadness that I post about the passing of my Good Friend Morgan Thorp. Well known Fishing Guide and Competitive Fly Fisher. Many here likely wandered across his path in Ukee or Port over the years.

Morgan was one of The Nicest Fellows you could ever hope to meet. Extremely Knowledgeable and Gifted when it came to Fishing and Hunting, a Dedicated Family Man who very much Loved his wife and children, and one hell of a Fine Fellow to call "Buddy". He was well known for going out of his way to help others, always more than willing to lend a hand whenever required.

I spoke with Morg just a few days ago, discussing a blacktail hunt we were going to undertake this coming week.
He was excited about our prospects, as was I.
I still do not know what took him away from us so suddenly and unexpectedly. It was with Total Shock and Disbelief I heard the grim news yesterday... :(

I don't normally post such things, but in this instance I feel I should... There has been a fund set up to help the family:
http://www.gofundme.com/ghci5g

Morgan leaves behind a very young Family. They will be struggling to deal with this extremely painful blow. A small donation from any of us will sincerely help them to face the future. I hope some can find it in their hearts to lend a hand...

2466821_1414628696.6134.jpg

I, amongst a great many, will miss this Giant of a Man. Not only a "Giant" in stature, but also in the footprint he made while walking this earth. Ain't going to be the same without you Bro.

I hope the fish are both plentiful & hungry, and the trails full of game where you are now my Friend.
Until we cross paths again...

Vios Con Dios Amigo...

Sadly,
Matt

Glad you posted this nog tho it is such sad news. I looked up to Morgan even tho I barely knew him. I just knew that he was passionate about so many thing that I loved and I hoped one day to hang out with the guy.
A great loss to our communities.
I will certainly be donating to help his young family through this difficult time.

Yeah i was just going to post this.....thanks Matt. We are all in shock here on the West Coast and trying to get the donations together to support his wife and daughters.

He certainly was a great guy as well as a superb outdoors man that represented Canada twice in the Flyfishing World Championships.

Rest in peace, brother.

well, I've never met the guy, but we will gladly donate to the cause!

astounding what has been donated so far - well done!

thanks for posting the link Nog

Sorry for your guys' loss.. Seems like a guy a could get right along with.

Thoughts to you guys and his family.. A tough time to be strong.

Back