Wash down pump replacement

bigdogg1

My raw water wash down pump just died. Checked all wiring, fuses, switches etc. Removed pump and tried a direct connection to a 12 v source. Nothing Present specs are 4.5 GPM, 6.0A, 40 PSI which have worked well for fish cleaning and deck washing.

Any recommendations for a replacement?

My raw water wash down pump just died. Checked all wiring, fuses, switches etc. Removed pump and tried a direct connection to a 12 v source. Nothing Present specs are 4.5 GPM, 6.0A, 40 PSI which have worked well for fish cleaning and deck washing.

Any recommendations for a replacement?
Yeah, Jabsco 6 gpm. Trouble free. I had a cheaper Amerine pump that didn't last a season.

My Flojet quit this summer and I replaced with a Jabsco which is supposed to be higher pressure and flow rate. It isn't, the flojet performed better.

Installed a Jabsco in an earlier boat and it ran for the couple years I had it. Just seemed lower than advertised pressure. Thanks for replying.

Bought the same Jabsco as you have. Removed the old one. Matched wire for wire, and what I thought was hose for hose. Do you know if the pump is one-way? I could not find any directions or diagrams to indicate this. The reason I ask is that when I hit the switch today, I heard the pump engage but absolutely no water out the hose. Do you happen to know if the pump inlets need to be directional?

Yes, pumps have inlet and outlet. The pump body has arrows near the inlet to show direction of flow. Double
check wiring, too.

Thanks - yanked it out and found the arrow o_O. Swear that I looked it over and over...sort of like the way I look for things in the fridge that are not there until my wife looks ;)
That fridge thing - thought it was just me! It gets a bit embarrassing after 30 years.

Back