WANTED: Tilt trim Unit for 2002 Yamaha F60 4 Stroke

Fish Nutz

Hello All

I need to replace the tilt trim unit on my 2002 Yammy F60. Apparently almost any unit from a 50 or 60 will work in the early to mid 2000's. My mechanic has had no luck tracking down a used on and a new one from Yamaha is a pricey endeavor. If anybody has one knows of a one or can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What happened to yours? If its just the gauge display that's an easy fix I've had to do mine twice.

The motor itself is almost dead. It still barely works so I can milk it a bit but its demise is coming soon!

Give these guy's a try, they may be able to repair the motor.
I have had great service on starters and alternators from them.
Island Rad & Bat
498 Puntledge Road, Courtenay
250-334-4932

If it's just the tilt motor, I would just replace it. I would think they should be available for you. I just got a replacement tilt motor in for my Honda. No aftermarkets available yet, and I can't justify the $500-$600 (never bothered to check) from Honda. I contacted API marine to see if they had a cross reference product available. They didn't, but offered to build me a new one if I shipped them mine. Granted it took about 3 weeks from when I mailed it till I received the new one, but for $150 I now have a new unit. Just need to get it installed.

I know you said it was the motor giving out. I thought the same thing was happening to my yamaha, It was straining to raise and lower the engine. Turned out to be the shaft it rotates on was not getting any lubrication and was not allowing it to move, replaced the grese nipples, and flushed it with fresh grease. Fixed that. just a thought.

Back