Wanted: shimano convergence rod tip

Dbastock

Somehow I lost the tip to my 10'6" medium action Shimano convergence mooching rod. Anyone out there have one laying around that they don't have a use for? Or maybe you can just point me in the right direction to find one. I have already spoken to Shimano and they don't seem to be available.

Thanks

Dave

Can't you just glue on a new tip/eye or did you lose the entire top section of the rod?

What about talkng to a retailer and see if they can check with a local rep? I had a Technium where the butt cracked, however the whole rod was returned...somewhere there must be a graveyard of "good" halves of rods that have come back on warranty??

I need the whole top half of the rod. I've checked with tyee in Campbell and courtenay and river sportsman. No luck from anyone.

The old fella at Ideal Tackle might be able to help you uot, he seems to have a whole pile of stuff, might be able to tell you where to get another one? but I think hes closed for another couple weeks yet

I had the same issue and had my whole rod replaced on warranty. Have you tried the dealer you bought it from? The only downside is Shimano took forever to process the claim

Yeah, I've tried the dealer. The tip got broken but I lost it overboard. That's why I can't warranty it....

Dave

Yeah, I've tried the dealer. The tip got broken but I lost it overboard. That's why I can't warranty it....

Dave

Back