Wanted: MR2 reel black

Ask this guy, he probably has two of my friends Black MR2's that got stolen.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/security-camera-on-boat-in-gorge-waterway-catches-clear-images-of-alleged-thief-1.57789

2013-01-27-08-57-16-2-jpg_zpsa1d6d717.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah what a clear picture. Did the police do anything with it? I'm assuming it's survalence footage?

I know ICBC has a program where if you get your drivers license it scans your picture with all existing pictures to see if you already have one under a different name. I wonder if the cops can use that same database with pictures like this. It's probably hard because with a drivers license all the pictures are taken straight on with a similar distance from the camera etc. but this guy shouldn't be too hard to locate with such a clear image. Of course that's assuming you can prove he is the one who commited the crime.

Back on topic sorry only have a black MR3 for $425.00. I've never seen an MR 2 in black but apparently the guy in the picture above me has.

Thanks for the responses, and sorry about the stolen reels. Clear enough picture that it seems like somebody would recognize the guy.

I ended up buying a new blue MR3 (almost a black MR2??) from 'Gonefishinshop' this afternoon. Good guy, and so far, good service.

Thanks.

Right on, sweet reel. Blue MR3 is really nice. Give it a fresh water bath when you're done for the day and pat dry and it will last a lifetime, or two or three.

Don't forget to back off the drag to allow the cork to spring back once you've washed it. Reduces line creep. Couldn't figure out why my MR3's were creeping. Turns out my habit of always tightening down the drag...... when I washed them after fishing was compressing the cork........ which reduces drag bite when you put them back in use.

Islanders are super nice reels, BUT require a ton of maintenance like anything expensive! they go thur bearing like crazy, esp the MR3 and clutches. The clutches are 100 bucks to replace on the MR2 and 60 on the MR3. I just got three serviced for the upcoming summer-300

Islanders are super nice reels, BUT require a ton of maintenance like anything expensive! they go thur bearing like crazy, esp the MR3 and clutches. The clutches are 100 bucks to replace on the MR2 and 60 on the MR3. I just got three serviced for the upcoming summer-300

Wow...not that I have seen. If you are cleaning and greasing your bearings regularly they easily last several seasons of guiding. Superlube all the way.

Back