Wanted. ANYONE THAT FISHES FOR SALMON AND HALI

VanIslandBoater

Looking for someone with a boat who would like to split costs on fishing for salmon and hali, im currently getting a boat geared up but have a ways to go till i finish and would like to learn more about ocean fishing, would bring food and drink and pay for porion of fuel. i live half way between Nanaimo and Victoria.

Hey VanIslandBoater--- I sure hope that someone will take you out as I know its got to be frustrating not knowing just what to do to improve your skills and local knowledge. But dont give up. Most of us are maxed out as far as taking other than a regular fishing partner out. Myself I have two regular friends that get first crack at heading out on the water. Then I have old time acquaintances that I also enjoy fishing with.... Then there is my son and daughter-in- law, then my daughters family!!! I think you see where I am heading--- its hard to accommodate everyone that I would like to get out fishing... But hang in there, there are generous fisherfolk on this board that eventually will be able to help you out!

Hey CL, we are taking a SFBC member this weekend on our trip to Bamfield. One that none of us have ever met before. But I understand King Cod is a good fisherman from Campbell River. Should be a great weekend.

Hey V.I.B.

I have a place near Yellow point and will be bringing my boat over to the Island this weekend. I live in Port Moody, but will be over about half the weekends during the summer. If I am coming over and have a free spot, I'll PM you. I usually launch out of Ladysmith.

Cheers

And you're right, FA, King_Cod is a great guy. I've fished with him before on several occasions.

Van island boater give me your name and number if you can do spur of the moment trips to Tahsis for 2 days of fishing. When I run into a 2 day blank in my season I do fill the freezer trips for myself and buddies who ever can get there first. Late Aug and Sept. dja@telus.net bring beer and split gas.

Back