WANTED: 10,000lbs Capacity I-Beam Trailer

There's 2 on Vancouver Craigslist ( Boat Parts) that meet your criteria. 1 in Vic, one in Nanaimo.

Do you need one to buy or do you need to move a boat ?

Hey guys, sorry for not getting back on here sooner. I’m looking to buy, not borrow :)
I’ve gone and looked at the one on used vic above. It has a cracked cross member, you can see where the u-bolts have bottomed out on the frame, the guides have recently been removed. Something very heavy was on that trailer... and it’s a 15,000lbs ish capacity trailer. It’s also registered in Canada with only a gvwr of 2525kg (no electric brake controller)
I can’t do a project, no time for that :/

any chance you have a link for the one in Vancouver? I can’t seem to find it..

I’m starting to look as far away as Kelowna now, this is getting ridicules.
I really don’t want to go new, but it’s not looking good for used right now :/

Have you checked with Marine One and Pearson Marine? Both buy trailers to tow boats and then resell them. We got a nice load rite elite from Pearson. Have you checked with these guys? They seem to be well price compared to what people expect for trailers that need work. https://www.trailersales.net/2020-tuff-trailer-tsa9000t-aluminum-boat-trailer-jKNh.html
Yes, Pearson marine was been contacted. He wont sell me a trailer till the boat their sitting on top is sold. :/ also, since his trailers are from the states, I haven’t had a chance to research the breaks and bearing on the trailers he brings up. Not sure what brand they are, and if they are common in Canada...
Thanks for the Trailer net link. There prices look close to Sherwood, but there on the mainland. A new trailer from Sherwood is looking like my only option at this point.
I’ll head in on Thursday and kick it’s tires...
Any advice buying a new trailer? Much markup on them for the dealerships?
I’m planning on asking for HD rear loading guides, and fresh washer wash down kit for the brakes being installed, and I’d give them their asking price... if they got big markups on them, maybe see if they can throw in aluminum rims, if it doesn’t have them already....

Hi,
I am looking into buying a new trailer as well and came across a company in Brampton ,Ont. called Excalibur Trailers.
They make them themselves up to 21000lbs.
They had an ad for a new 9ooolb trailer for 6000 cad.
That particular trailer had electric drum breaks (no flush kit)
Talked to the guy and he said you have to arrange your own shipping-still, it might work out cheaper than buying one here.
Anyway,it might be worthwhile checking them out.

Yes, Pearson marine was been contacted. He wont sell me a trailer till the boat their sitting on top is sold. :/ also, since his trailers are from the states, I haven’t had a chance to research the breaks and bearing on the trailers he brings up. Not sure what brand they are, and if they are common in Canada...
Thanks for the Trailer net link. There prices look close to Sherwood, but there on the mainland. A new trailer from Sherwood is looking like my only option at this point.
I’ll head in on Thursday and kick it’s tires...
Any advice buying a new trailer? Much markup on them for the dealerships?
I’m planning on asking for HD rear loading guides, and fresh washer wash down kit for the brakes being installed, and I’d give them their asking price... if they got big markups on them, maybe see if they can throw in aluminum rims, if it doesn’t have them already....

Sherwood, was pretty firm on their pricing according to my buddy. I don't think there are huge margins given what a set of disc brakes and EOH actuator cost, plus aluminum, plus rubber, wood, LED trailer lights. When we looked at putting new tires, servicing and cutting off the u-bolts to adjust a used trailer it didn't make sense, given the prices people were asking and new seemed reasonable.

We got the Elite Load Rite model which is tough to find online, but it has some great upgrades like adjustable tongue. Definitely like the loading guides. Since the discs on ours are well exposed for washing down we skipped a wash down kit. If you are ordering new aluminum rims is a reasonable upgrade since they don't have to switch out steel wheels which are almost the same wholesale cost. I like @pennel looked at buying trailers from all over the place but getting it legal for BC and transport just made it not worth the hassle. I even found a couple of boats with great trailers in WA that I was thinking of importing and selling the boat off and keeping the trailer but the numbers just were not there if you count my time. This is coming from someone who bought two trucks and boat in the US.

http://www.loadrite.com/trailers/load-rite-aluminum-single-axle-ab-bunk/

Sherwood, was pretty firm on their pricing according to my buddy. I don't think there are huge margins given what a set of disc brakes and EOH actuator cost, plus aluminum, plus rubber, wood, LED trailer lights. When we looked at putting new tires, servicing and cutting off the u-bolts to adjust a used trailer it didn't make sense, given the prices people were asking and new seemed reasonable.

We got the Elite Load Rite model which is tough to find online, but it has some great upgrades like adjustable tongue. Definitely like the loading guides. Since the discs on ours are well exposed for washing down we skipped a wash down kit. If you are ordering new aluminum rims is a reasonable upgrade since they don't have to switch out steel wheels which are almost the same wholesale cost. I like @pennel looked at buying trailers from all over the place but getting it legal for BC and transport just made it not worth the hassle. I even found a couple of boats with great trailers in WA that I was thinking of importing and selling the boat off and keeping the trailer but the numbers just were not there if you count my time. This is coming from someone who bought two trucks and boat in the US.

http://www.loadrite.com/trailers/load-rite-aluminum-single-axle-ab-bunk/
Yah exactly where I’m at. Been looking for used for a month or two now. Time is ticking and my time has a value. Heading to Sherwood this morning..

Bit the bullet and went new.
13,000lbs capacity Tuff trailer. I’ll try uploading a pic:
Now comes the plethora of questions regarding keeping her looking new!
(I’ll make a new thread in the appropriate section)

Attachments

• 722FEEA3-86A7-4FF7-B62F-83554991EC1E.jpeg
    722FEEA3-86A7-4FF7-B62F-83554991EC1E.jpeg
    418 KB · Views: 137
index.php

Back