Want alot of tackle cheap? Post a wanted ad on craigslist. Holy Moley

FishBC.org

Posted a want ad on craigslist.. Ended up with 8 Salmon Rods, 1 Hali rod, (All with nice reels), 4 full tackle boxes, more plugs and hoochies than I can count, downrigger balls, net, gaff, hali spear, earmuffs to flush the engine, and buckets and boxes of odds ends, such as teasers, downrigger clips, buck tails. 7 lifejackets, and two float coats, boat BBQ, two crab traps, one prawn trap, buoys, and all the rope, fish filet board, tubs, cooler, Lowrance depth sounder, and transducer, etc etc etc... I can't even begin to imagine what it all cost.... Total cost to me? 500.00

Even got a free kicker prop guard which I don't need so first one in comox valley who pm's me and needs / wants one can have it free.

This is about 1/3rd of what I got but can't fit the other 2/3 in the pic and my phone's bad service in Comox.

Craigslist is my new best friend!

tackle.jpg

Some of the stuff I received is older than me. I may have to post some photos to get some help to identify some of it. There's some brand new hooks in packages from the 60's and early 70's as well. 376 spoons alone... When I really started going through this, I realized how passionate of a fisherman his person was, and how extensive this collection really is. He pretty much gave me his entire life's worth of fishing gear. Almost feel bad that he feels he is too old to fish now.

definitely post some close ups of the old tackle. Good haul, the plating on the old gear is far superior to the junk they sell these days.

X3 take the old guy out, he may even teach you a thing or two.

Wow, sounds like an incredible collection which you are really appreciating.
I expect some of the stuff in the packets will be too rare or good to actually use. LOL

I know I have picked up old tackle boxes and reels from garages sales, including my Peetz reel (which I do use). But I have things like labelled and named hand tied flies and a mother of pearl spoon that will never see water and will stay in my tackle collection until one day I too am forced to pass it on, hopefully to an enthusiast like you....

That's quite the haul! Looks like you got great stuff too. Usually people are just trying to get rid of their junk but it's obvious that wasn't the case here. Good job FBC.

Yeah going to take him out tomorrow. I'll go through the old stuff, get some photos, and see what you all think. Some of the favorites if you want to post what they are I can check for them.

One old lure that I am looking for is any one (mostly spoons, I am led to believe) made by Peetz. I'd like to get one or two to put in a shadow box with one of the Peetz reels that I have.

You may have some nice items of BC history in the lot.

Back