walleye fishing in the columbia

Lived in Castlegar way back in the early 80's.Used to take the cable ferry across the Columbia River to Robson.From there
just a short drive downstream to where the Kootney River joins it. There's a hydroelectric dam not to far upstream
from that point.Walk upstream and you'll see the fishing boundry markers on the riverbank. Fish below those markers and
your all good.Red devil spoons in the evening right till it gets dark worked really well.Best eating freshwater fish I've
ever tasted.

There's no walleye above Keenleyside Dam in Castlegar. Interestingly enough I met a couple guys this summer on Upper Arrow lake from kamloops that were out walleye fishing because they had read there were walleye in arrow lakes but I've only ever heard of one being caught and there's likely a very limit number that make it through the lock at Keenleyside dam but there's no way over any of the other dams along the Columbia and Kootenay river unless someone helped them. If you're in Invermere you can try for bass in lake Windermere.

whats the best lure? is it a spoon, jig, pickeral rig, bait, etc? i heard jigs are good but can lead to snags. is it worth trying this time of year?

whats the best lure? is it a spoon, jig, pickeral rig, bait, etc? i heard jigs are good but can lead to snags. is it worth trying this time of year?

I like using these yellow curly tail jigs. I don't know how Walleye fishing is doing in Castlegar right now though. It's good in the summer months, and the weather is still nice so I assume it would be worth going. Find a spot below the dam in Robson.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379255287.993163.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1379255287.993163.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 77
Back