Wake up call...again!

Check out:

www.adopt-a-fry.org

wildsalmoncircle.com

STOP BUYING FARMED SALMON

Write a letter to those incharge ( hand written is most effective, no postage required)

Prime minister Stephen Harper
80 Wellington St., Ottawa ON,K1A 0A2;
pm@pm.gc.ca; Fax: 613 941 6900

Gail Shea, Minister of fisheries and oceans
Parliament Buildings, Wellington St.,Ottawa ON, K1A 0A6;
min@dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Make sure to CC your local MP; find your MP'scontact info at:
http://canada.gc.ca/directories-repertoires/direct-eng.html#mp

andCC:BC Premier Gordon Campbell ( postage required to BC government)
PO Box 9041,STN PROV GOVT,Victoria BC,V8W 9E1;
premier@gov.bc.ca ; phone: 250 387 1715; fax 250 387 0087

Hope this helps

HL

Disturbing video. In the past people have accused Morton of being a fear monger and exaggerating the sea lice problem. What do you guys think? If what she says is true we are in big trouble. :(

No Exageration there, down right DISGUSTING!!!

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

I have met her a couple times and was very impressed with her empathetic nature. She truly cares. She is an educated scientist doing what she feels she needs to do ,to warn others. As many before her, scientists seem to be ignored. It really is unbeleivable.

She is not the only one on this bandwagon. There are literally dozens of highly respected scientists ( worldwide ) conveying this insight to our government. Many have abandoned their posts within the government in protest to policy. The people are frightened with what is actually happening behind closed doors. They are trying to get the message out.

Lets hope people listen before it's too late.

She definetly does truly care a LOT about our environment!!! She is trying to look out for all of our best interests dont get be wrong!!! But she is NOT an educated scientist!!! Look into it! She has no post secondary education at all. I find it interesting that someone without much education can head all of this research! Just my two cents! Not trying to create any arguments!

The educated scientists of DFO are sitting on their collective arses at the Pacific Biological Station doing more research for the fish farm industry when they should be out doing something useful.

You do not have to be a genius to use common sense and go out and collect good data. The video is self explanitory and the methodology is sound.

Money talks, and our governments and bureaucrats have been bought out by the highest bidder.

When the olympics are over we will have even less government resources to draw upon to keep an eye on fish farms.

On the upside we should win a gold against the yanks today!

She's a Registered Professional Biologist with a Bachelors Degree but not a PhD. In addition she has a number of peer-reviewed and published papers and is considered one of the worlds leading experts on thhe sea-lice and salmon farm relationship.
For anyone to suggest she's not "an educated scientist" is to show ignorance at the very least or stupidity at the very worst.
Ignorance can be cured by education.
Stupidity is forever.
Which is it in your case mthornton?

Take care.

My apologies Dave I had thought she had no Degree. You are correct as she has a General bachelor of science!! I have read many of her papers and looked at her research! Some of her methods of data collection are quite poor and have discouraged me from her work!

Don't fall for the assertions that her collection methods are biased because they really aren't. In her initial samplings she did use a "dipnet" and collected from a boat so industry apologists claimed she was selecting only the most distressed fry swimming near the surface where they could be easily reached with the net therefore the samples would be biased towards sea-lice infected fish.
Although that assertion isn't technically accurate she switched to using the exact same method DFO uses, which is to say a beach seine net. Either method is acceptable given the idea of proportional representation, as each method will still have some affected samples and some non affected samples. By employing the same method in a consistent manner one gets a true representation of what is happening.
Notwithstanding any of the above both the collected evidence and what we used to recognize as simply "common sense" should tell you that nobody can introduce millions of salmon (hosts) into waters in which sea-lice are looking for hosts and not expect the lice to not find the hosts.
I mean, give your head a shake. :)

Pretty evident what can happen, what has happened and what is most likely to happen (Slice resistant lice).
I don't like any of those options very much at all.

Take care.

Back