Waders?

KCW

Almost time for the switch from salt to freshwater fishing. My neoprene have to many holes , was thinking of getting some breathables (300$) . Are they wort it or should just stay with neoprene?

After breathables you will never touch neo's again.

$300 bones you could probably find a pair with a pizz zipper.... They rule too

just picked up a set of Bare- adams for 279.00 at island outfitters ... i think the guy rang them in wrong, they were supposed to be 299.00. Stoaked to get out and feel the fresh air flowing haha

When hiking it feels like you are wearing track pants

I thought I was the last guy wearing neoprenes. They're brutal in the Summer. Sweat yer nards off.

Breathables for this guy next time for sure, looking forward to recommendations.

Breathables x100

You will not regret them, when I was on mainland and did the sockeye hike on august afternoons in neos, I probably should have been in an ambulance for dehydration.... I bought my first breathables way back when, along with a calcutta 400 same day.... I was a fishing store pimp.
12+ yrs later, I still use and love having both. Good gear will last along time.

Oh yes, breathable all the way. If you can get the version with zipper, even better. Once you try breathable, you probably will never go back to neoprene.

HS.

Go to Costco and get some flannel lined Jeans. $29.95 every fall. Just like being a kid on the prairies again.

Screw that I wear neoprene bare waders in the Cowichan in winter when steel heading. I would rather keep warm. The breathable ones would be good for late spring/summer but I don't fish then so never got them.

High Five

You sound like a guy that should try breathables... ;)

Ill take fuzzy warm over wet warm...

Sea Tux was what I rolled.... I went through a wader a year.. Till I found those.
My first pair lasted 5.. I went through 3 pairs.. They were the 5mils.
Summer hiking was best done wet wading.
The short walk to the washout would get enough moisture to chill ya when you stopped.. (In the cold).

When its really cold the water is warmer and you feel it.... You don't get the chill from the sweat.

Its like wearing track pants...

Only time I used neoprene was on the Thomspon river when she start to get cold in November.... Breathables the rest of the time...if your rod guides are icing up...you won't find me out there....:)

I've never put another pair of Neoprenes on since wearing Breatables with good layering. Remote outfitting with a sweat on many many times and never got the chills as long as the layering was right..

New Patagonia Breathables with Merino Wool lining are made for winter fishing in BC! Awesome waders.

For those that are on a budget, or just want to try breathables for the first time, I see that Gone Fishin has the Trophy XL waders on sale right now for $119.

Back