Vortex Hubs

Tide Up

Any body heard of these or used them.CV Marine In Courtenay is carrying them now, they had me at hello,when they were talking about them. Is it hype or are these bad boys worth the dough?
www.tiedown.com

Any body heard of these or used them.CV Marine In Courtenay is carrying them now, they had me at hello,when they were talking about them. Is it hype or are these bad boys worth the dough?
www.tiedown.com
I don't think it's hype-it addresses the age old problem of getting grease or oil to the rear bearing-something a bearing buddy could never do. Having said that-these still will not completely do the job if your rear bearing seal is still riding on a steel hub surface. You need a stainless hub or stainless speedi sleeve put on the surface your rear seal rides on eliminating all pits and thus sealing out water. To just buy new hubs and not pay attention to the surface your rear seal rides on is a total waste of money.

thanx for the input Springfever

Their website says "the rear seal rides on a stainless steel wear sleeve "

thanx for the input Springfever

Their website says "the rear seal rides on a stainless steel wear sleeve "
If that is the case then I would seriously look at them and get an explanation how this works! The pitting of the stock surface that the rear seal rides on is the cause of most trailer bearing failures-up there with seized brakes!!

Vaukt Hubs

www.tiedown.com

I have something similiar called "Vault Hubs"

So far I am happy
I read some articles fom the U.S about that on a couple of occasions, via potholes and other trailers reversing into the hub, that the cap gets dislodged and comes off making the trailer useless
I therefore bought a spare one, and the beauty is that you can replace (so I am told) the whole assembly (including wheel) by the single nut and bolt on the torsion axle

photo[3].jpgView attachment 10949

Attachments

• photo[2].jpg
    photo[2].jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 159
Back