volvo ql trim tabs

Hog Tide

I'm looking into putting tabs on my campion 542.
a friend of mine suggested i look into the volvo ql trim tabs.
does anyone have experience with them?
bennetts and lencos claim to be fuel efficient properly trimmed.
i cant find any info on line if the volvos are as fuel friendly or how they work on deep v hulls.. but they look cool.......

I have Insta-Trim's on my Seasport and work great. No issues over 18 years, except replace a couple of hoses/fittings that are on the outer transom.

i think bennett trim tabs are the industry standard/leader.. never heard of either of those brands

quote:Originally posted by nedarb2

i think bennett trim tabs are the industry standard/leader.. never heard of either of those brands

ook just googled the volvos,
my friends boat came with those and after 1 season he put on bennett's. Dont work very well atall, they are just a plate that puts more drag on one side of the boat than the other, WRONG design for the job.

the qls look like flaps.. i wonder how they will pull skiers and tubers?
they look easy to install and use, but one year warranty? what up wit dat!
bennetts are 3 or 5 years.

I had the 'Smart Tabs' on my Malbiu 182 (similar to Campion 542) and they were not what i would consider acceptable. While there was no doubt they helped the boat out of the hole, they are not adjustable for load and backing down with them can be tricky. I upgraded to Bennett M80s just over a year ago and would never go back to a boat without. I am not convinced I have any better fuel economy BUT the ride quality is so much better and that, IMO, is worht every penny.

I would think anything with the volvo name would be expensive? What are these units retailing for? The bennets et al.. are generally about 500$, usually without the switch.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Back