Vintage spoons ?

fishing spoon 2.JPG
#7 Super Diamond fishing spoon
5 ½” long
Probably over 50 years old and still in great shape.
Anyone want to put it in their tackle box?
Will it still catch fish or halibut?
Worth $ anything?

Some day I’m gonna have the time to wash all my old gear in the pond
I first went to Campbell river because I heard about a dude that caught a huge fish from a row boat ! Of all the crazy stories lol
Well that started this **** so while I was down there a sign on some street lured me in claiming they had tackle for sale so in I went some weird gizmo with a magnet and a fin to dive and plugs I’d never seen a half melted candle cut at an angle before but the all knowing scunched cap wearing old timer giggled a little laugh and said “ they all catch fish ladie” well how was I to resist such voodoo and compared to some of the river fishing gear the guy was ripping himself off I thought so I started picking a few of this and that and before I knew it I had about a dozen the cap wearing old timer smiles and says good choices and then I’m sure I hear him ask “ would ye like a few spoons” and my spider sense starts to tingle and he pulls out a five gallon bucket almost full of colors and shapes same process I start picking a few and he cackles and says “take a few hand fulls your gonna lose most of ‘em “
And I’m thinking he’s right is it that obvious that I’m not a real fisherman well I thought to myself I’ll show him and I bought almost half his stuff which wasn’t that much in my mind what’s a couple hundred bucks !
Damn that fishing bug got me good
I could order the finest quality fish from the most reputable dealers and have money in my pocket lol 😂 no joke
But I love my hobby and I keep telling myself “one day I’m gonna use every one of those old ones and stay on the island all summer long
And who knows maybe I’ll find my way into a row boat and my own story
And not another “ the monster that got away story” fn seal lol
I am looking for a bigger boat but am quite happy with my 18 footer having said that I’m going to just step up to a gw and possibly an older podable unit or whatever but it’s more of a lifestyle or maybe I’m just trying to justify my bad choices lol
About the same time I read the story of the cambell river rowboat club I also read about a sail boat trip to Hawaii then Tahiti
But I digress that’s a different story for a different forum
Or is it 🤔 lol

I've got a bunch of those old spoons that I got in a deal with a used tackle box full of stuff. Dutifully polished them all up last year as best I could, and I do swim them from time to time. They've caught fish for me, though nothing huge which is usually what I'm trying to do when I tie a giant old Canadian Wonder, Supreme, Diamond Lance or what have you on.

I've had good luck on the Wonder spoons, big and small. the chrome Superior is good on west coast, halibut love it.
Good to know! I've yet to spend any time going after Hali or fishing offshore, but will try and remember this when I get there. All my west coast time has been in Nootka sound.

Back