Vintage fly rod and reel for sale

filhiho

Older fly rod and reel for sale. TBH, I spin cast and troll. Never did get into fly fishing. This fell in my lap and I came here looking for advice but do have intent to sell. The reel was more of interest to me because of the size and ease to ship, but the rod may have some value as well. I can post more pictures if needed. If this is not proper at this site, I apologize in advance. It seems to me that the crowd here is quite up on these and may be at least helpful to shed some light my way. The reel is a Husky X. L., made in Japan. I believe the body is white metal and the crank is perhaps bakelite. The tension works and the "clicker" does it's thing as well. The rod is a 10.5 foot Trophy X-L Chinook Moocher by Redl Sports Vancouver. Model M-1050. Rod is fiberglass, in whole condition on all the eyelets, very clean for its age. The only thing to note is the butt end of the rod is in need of repair. The varnish there, (or whatever it was,) has gone. The fragility of the eyelets, is solid as far as they stand. Don't know if they are water worthy as is. I would appreciate some honest advice. I would be happy to sell the pair for $1000. I don't know if that is a pipe dream or if I am selling myself short. I just feel that there could be some museum (ish?) quality on these as far as rarity goes. Anyway, hoping to create some discussion on this at the least.

Attachments

• IMG_6299.JPG
    IMG_6299.JPG
    366.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6301.JPG
    IMG_6301.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6309.JPG
    IMG_6309.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6310.JPG
    IMG_6310.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6313.JPG
    IMG_6313.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6314.JPG
    IMG_6314.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 33
Hate to burst your bubble but, they are likely between 35 and 45 years old, tons of them out there.

If your offered $100.00 take it.

Hate to burst your bubble but, they are likely between 35 and 45 years old, tons of them out there.

If your offered $100.00 take it.
No, I appreciate all information. I have openly admitted that I have no clue on fly fishing stuff.

I have the same reel sitting in a drawer, would not call it a fly reel. At best an old mooching feel. I consider mine to be of no value.

The reel looks like the from Japan knock off's of the J W Young&Sons Windex mooching reel. Those Redl glass rods were good moochers.

Back