VIDEO - Salmon And Trout Hatchery Documentary

We recently completed the following documentary of the Ringwood Fish Culture Station processes in Ontario after following the efforts of a volunteer group for the past year.

This video shows the full process from egg collection to releasing reared salmon and trout back into the tributaries of Lake Ontario.

This should be of interest to all outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy the great fisheries we have today.

Hope you enjoy!

[8x810mszCfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x810mszCfU

That creek looked pretty small... I noticed quite a lot of trays in there. How many fish do you put in there or does that hatchery service more than one river? I was watching TV while watching so may have missed some points.

Cool Vid

Lippy, yes they do service multiple rivers. Great video Anglersthree. You guys back east will have to produce the Pacific Salmon for us here soon if DFO carries on with dismantling the Salmon Enhancement Program on the westcoast. I wish we could still brag with our "great fishery" - unfortunately our fishery is getting more and more restricted without any plan to address the sources of the issues.

Is there actually any wild reproduction of pacific salmon in Ontario?

Back