VIDEO: Men caught on camera assaulting an angler on B.C. river

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. My uncle almost gave me a beating once for fracking up while landing a big spring and losing it...

Completely shocked by lots of the comments here the boat didn’t do anything illegal.
If you were trolling along and someone smashed your 200,000 dollar boat with a rock you’d let it slide?
Imo the guy got exactly what he deserved
Entitled prick!
actions have consequences if your not willing to accept that better check your actions
Also it’s been confirmed the guy hit the boat on the way up and was waiting to throw on the way down!
Wow Bryce - lost all respect for you! You condone beating the crap out of a guy and kicking him when he’s on the ground with a bunch redneck buddies making sure no one intervenes? You’re awesome buddy!

Last edited:
Wow Bryce - lost all respect for you! You condone beating the crap out of a guy and kicking him when he’s on the ground with a bunch redneck buddies making sure no one intervenes? You’re awesome buddy!

I’ve been able to think on it a bit! Did the guy deserve to get beat? Probably not but I wasn’t there. I wouldn’t be the one throwing rocks or fist ! I also think if your if your gonna throw one you better be able to throw the other.
Would the cops have done anything about him throwing rocks? Absolutely not
Are both people in the wrong? In my opinion yes
The inability to have differing opinions is astonishing in this day and age and a few of the things I said may have been on the extreme edge for sure but regardless if you can loose respect for someone for having a different opinion then you well that’s fine to.

I’ve been able to think on it a bit! Did the guy deserve to get beat? Probably not but I wasn’t there. I wouldn’t be the one throwing rocks or fist ! I also think if your if your gonna throw one you better be able to throw the other.
The inability to have differing opinions is astonishing in this day and age and a few of the things I said may have been on the extreme edge for sure but regardless if you can loose respect for someone for having a different opinion then you well that’s fine to.
Fair enough - I still think those guys should be in jail (or at least loose their boat and be publicly shamed). No justification for a bunch of guys of ganging up one guy and beating and fracturing his bones.

I agree wholeheartedly about the inability to have differing opinions. I blame the “woke movement” for that

A different in opinion is one thing. What you originally posted was not just a difference in options it was shocking and completely unexpected. Now you back trolling

A different in opinion is one thing. What you originally posted was not just a difference in options it was shocking and completely unexpected. Now you back trolling
Not back trolling at all my opinion on the matter is this and I’ll just leave it at this
If you throw rocks be prepared to throw fists

would I throw rocks at a boat or any moving vehicle? No never

would I stop and beat the **** out of a guy for throwing rocks at my boat? I don’t drive any of my boats in a manner to put myself in this situation so no

the person assaulted (and has apparently admitted to tossing a rock in the water when the boat passed upstream) has been described by some as being autistic or having Asperger's syndrome. His judgement may be limited and impair his ability to deal with situations like this.

Since this group has many experienced boaters I wonder if anyone can comment on what the legal responsiblity of a boat operator is on water like the Vedder Chilliwack where numerous anglers are in the water, tubers are common and some people even swim in summer? I know power boaters are not to supposed to operate their craft where there are swimmers. Waters don't even have to be marked with buoys etc . In most situation power boats have to yield right of way to other craft. How can jet boat responsibly maneuver at speed in a narrow winding river like the Vedder?

Last edited:
Terrible and sad situation all around, paints us all in a bad light but done with this back eddy, trying a new spot, haha.
tight lines guys!

Since this group has many experienced boaters I wonder if anyone can comment on what the legal responsiblity of a boat operator is on water like the Vedder Chilliwack where numerous anglers are in the water, tubers are common and some people even swim in summer? I know power boaters are not to supposed to operate their craft where there are swimmers. Waters don't even have to be marked with buoys etc . In most situation power boats have to yield right of way to other craft. How can jet boat responsibly maneuver at speed in a narrow winding river like the Vedder?
It is the responsibility of any boat operator to not beat up people on the bank. Or in the boat.

the person assaulted (and has apparently admitted to tossing a rock in the water when the boat passed upstream) has been described by some as being autistic or having Asperger's syndrome. His judgement may be limited and impair his ability to deal with situations like this.

There is a time and place for everything. Even to enjoy the vedder on a jet boat and do it responsibly. There is no place for a jet boat this time of year up river ( or almost anytime of the year). Hate to say it but Some type of rules have to be implemented for all the knuckleheads out there and again, unfortunately, ruin it for everyone else.

Attachments

• 465351FF-790D-4175-86E5-8281CB0AC8F9.jpeg
    465351FF-790D-4175-86E5-8281CB0AC8F9.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 130
The guy that got the beating had originally posted online “I finally decided to stand up for myself and this is what I got” with a picture of his beat up face. There was a video of him throwing rocks floating around on the net. I would say both parties were in the wrong. Everyones worried about safety on the river, but will put others in danger by throwing rocks at them? Doesn’t make sense.

What do you think would have been the outcome if the boat owner was to call the police and say someone through a rock at his boat? Justice for property crime is in short supply these days...

What do you think would have been the outcome if the boat owner was to call the police and say someone through a rock at his boat? Justice for property crime is in short supply these days...
The boat operator is obliviously an butt*ole for running full speed up the vedder with so many fishermen close along the shores. He showed no respect for others using the waterway and brutally beat up someone who was brave enough to stand up to these bullies.

The boat operator is obliviously an butt*ole for running full speed up the vedder with so many fishermen close along the shores. He showed no respect for others using the waterway and brutally beat up someone who was brave enough to stand up to these bullies.
Bullies also throw rocks at people...lots of sayings come to mind,play stupid games, win stupid prizes, live by the sword die by the sword...that being said there are lots of things that are legal that mutual respect dictates are a bad idea and lead to confrontation, personal responsibility and respect for others should govern your actions just cause you re allowed to boat up a river full of anglers doesn t mean you should....same in the ocean or on the fraser, if guys are trolling or anchored sturgen fishing its poor behavior to rip by close on plane and wake them...not to mention boat launch behavior, lots of fights at boat launches from people forgetting that to get respect you need to give it first...the majority of people understand this and the rest should hand out popcorn lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back