Victoria SFAB...Comox????

B

bayliner 101

Great to see some SFAB meeting dates out there for the public to see....very sad that in our area I know nothing about when and where these meetings are held. I live in the Comox Valley and have no idea what if anything our group does, where they meet etc...is there a SFAB here????.is there no SFAB website or public notice of these meetings....?????Many of my freinds fishing buddies have long wondered what the SFAB in the area does and who makes up the group...does anyone out there know if we even have one here......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by bayliner 101

I totally agree, there seems to be the same thing happening up here in the Comox Valley with little or no information getting out from a SFAB up here if there is one at all......isn't the SFAB supposed to be about rec anglers having a voice....what the *&%^$ is going on....what happened to our voice being heard....halibut, never heard a thing....salmon whats going on....regulation changes....openings.....closures....are any other rec anglers in other areas having this problem??????????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see only 6 posts on this site , so are you new to the Comox Valley?
Have you contacted the DFO office?
Do you read the Record?
Do you belong to the Courtenay Club?

Also, I note that you have had time to read this and did not reply.

quote:Originally posted by bayliner 101

Please steer me to where this infomation is avialble...Should the rec anglers be reading the paper to get infomation?....not sure if all who want to get invovled or aquire info would be reading a column in nthe local paper....is there no other written info about what goes on locally in the valley?...where should I be looking for this info....when are the meetings?, can anyone attend?....not trying to offend just lokking to find out what is going on at the local level....should'nt DFO be trying to get this infomation out via their website....just a thought....

quote:Originally posted by Concerned Angler

Agree with OBD on this one. Maybe you should do some homework to get the facts first?

And--- dont you read Ralph Shaws Outdoor column in the Comox Valley Record? He has on several occasions written extensive articles in the Record detailing the local SFAC process and who is on it, as well as what we do. (Yes-- there are several members on this forum that volunteer our time to try to keep us on the water and fishing)

As far as WHAT we have done-- we have assured access for anglers to excess Puntledge and Qualicums salmon stocks, work to assure we get our fair share of all types of shellfish in area 14 ( not just Comox), provide input into larger issues such as halibut closures and govt proposals to "regulate" us.

And you want a webpage??? Well fine. Cough up the time and dollars to provide one and you will be thanked. We are volunteers-- we bum meeting rooms from DFO and we have NO money. If someone wants to provide a larger venue for free ,I am sure it would be welcomed.

Over to you.

Please re read the reply as the answers you are looking for are there.

I did not see any answers to the questions asked and as you are a new poster would like a little more info about you.

You have never heard of the Record Newspaper or Ralph Shaw?
If so then this conversation is over as this is just a troll.

Back