Victoria Harbour to Bamfield

barrie

I Am running 24' Seasport from Victoria harbour up to Bamfield on either July 17 or 18 and coming back down either July 24, 25 or 26 Anyone else heading that way on July 17 or 18?

well I will pass you on my way back down. I will be leaving Bamfield around 6am and may stop to rub shoreline at Renfrew for couple hours. If ya want a fishing report for my week, give me a call on cell 250.361.7024 or VHF channel 6. Call sign Sanscot.

Barrie

Good luck Barrie, leave a few fish behind please !;)
you should call Kenny to meet you, Bamtown would never be the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck Barrie, leave a few fish behind please !;)
you should call Kenny to meet you, Bamtown would never be the same.

Bamfield would never be the same after a week of Kenny!
He's in Port Renfrew for the summer or until.....?

Hi Barrie,

I make this run yearly -- did it early this year and took the boat there on the 29th of June. My recommendation is to check BigWaveDave.ca a few days before and try to pick a day with light winds. SwellWatch.com will give you a good idea of the swells you will face as you get to Renfrew and beyond.

I find (in general) that if you can leave the docks super early before the winds build that the ride is better. Swells are generally at their worst at Renfrew as you are generally nose into them until you get to Carmanah where they start to shift to port. Take the turn at Beale wide -- I like to get at least 1mi off shore -- the further out you make the turn the more comfortable the ride -- if you are too close, the reflection of the waves off the point make the seas confused and the ride can get squirrely.

Boat is there until mid-August or later.

Hi Barrie,

I make this run yearly -- did it early this year and took the boat there on the 29th of June. My recommendation is to check BigWaveDave.ca a few days before and try to pick a day with light winds. SwellWatch.com will give you a good idea of the swells you will face as you get to Renfrew and beyond.

I find (in general) that if you can leave the docks super early before the winds build that the ride is better. Swells are generally at their worst at Renfrew as you are generally nose into them until you get to Carmanah where they start to shift to port. Take the turn at Beale wide -- I like to get at least 1mi off shore -- the further out you make the turn the more comfortable the ride -- if you are too close, the reflection of the waves off the point make the seas confused and the ride can get squirrely.

Boat is there until mid-August or later.

Ten mile,

Thanks for the info, the early departure is the only way to go in a 24'. Been running back and forth for the last 8 years now and definitely had my WTF moment. We are staying at "flea bag motel", I should know better by now! Keeping boat at their docks. Hope to see ya up there.

Barrie
VHF 6
Sanscot

I'm at a dock just to the south of the medical centre (red steel roof) and my boat is on the dock there. Will be fishing on the weekend.

Also ch6 "Bucktail".

I'm at a dock just to the south of the medical centre (red steel roof) and my boat is on the dock there. Will be fishing on the weekend.

Also ch6 "Bucktail".

Thanks so much, I will give you a call on sat morning. I'm probably going to start at Fleming and then move up to Austin and Cree

Barrie

Back