victoria area bass?

J

jonhyslop

hello all, I am moving back to the victoria area, from winnipeg. I am looking for some bass, I know of rainbows in the langford lake, glen lake areas. I will also be frequenting the Qualicum beach area as well. I come from a family of avid fishermen, my father was pro for purefishing canada, and lit a huge fire of fishing for me. I've been fishing in the salt, but nothing screams fight than a nice sized smallie. Well other than the massive channel cats here in Mb. Hope to hear some good news.

Hey,

I'm also moving to the island but the Campbell River area.

From what I've read online and from the other postings at this site there are quite a number of Smallie producing lakes around Vic. Some really good ones at that.

Coming from a family of serious fisher people myself, and having worked in the industry in the past, if you are ever looking for a partner to hit up some of the lakes a bit farther north of Victoria look me up. I'd be happy to try and join up with you if I can. It'd be great to meet some new people and share some new experiences. If the rest of your family fishes all the better. so does mine.

Fish On!!

langford lake is very good for bass as well...Prospect Lake solid...St Mary's very good on Saltspring..few large 5-7 lb hang under the aerator every time I swim at Glen, and same size always hang at the dropoff back right side of the island at Matheson (20' off the rock).

As for nothing screams fight...guess you haven't caught a salmon over 15lb? That does it for me.

Back