Victoria 2014 Reports

Fished from 3pm till dark.started way out from trial in 340'.nutin.zipped to race rocks and dropped in 500' one wild coho popped the clip on the first drop,got another half hour later,and one last one that we didnt get to in time.
Pretty mellow sea all trip.
Thanks boomer ill try the can tomorrow and save sum petrol.

Green hootch in jughead was the only one to get love today

Took my son out looking for coho yesterday. 10-12. Out near the yellow can. At first I had the gear a tad deep in the 100-150' range but as soon as I brought a rod up to 50'. We got a fiesty 9lb hook nose(my biggest ho to date). I actually thought it was a 15lb spring until it got to the net. Great fun. Gear that did the trick in photo. image.jpg

Anchored up at west constance yesterday. First boat out where we were. Some azzhat decides my spot looked pretty good. Dropped his pick about 200 yrds away.lots of ocean around. I said nothing and on the swing we watched them snag after snag.. Haha thanks for all the gear you left on my anchor! Next time find yer own spot.. We did manage 3 of the 4 allowed. After our 3rd frustration set in and off they went. Great day on the water!

Anchored up at west constance yesterday. First boat out where we were. Some azzhat decides my spot looked pretty good. Dropped his pick about 200 yrds away.lots of ocean around. I said nothing and on the swing we watched them snag after snag.. Haha thanks for all the gear you left on my anchor! Next time find yer own spot.. We did manage 3 of the 4 allowed. After our 3rd frustration set in and off they went. Great day on the water!
NICE!! They got what they deserved.

Border bankish.
66c8229ad0b25b2bb36dd85a583bfdea.jpg

Took my son out looking for coho yesterday. 10-12. Out near the yellow can. At first I had the gear a tad deep in the 100-150' range but as soon as I brought a rod up to 50'. We got a fiesty 9lb hook nose(my biggest ho to date). I actually thought it was a 15lb spring until it got to the net. Great fun. Gear that did the trick in photo. View attachment 14152

Great fish! Can I ask a stud question? Where is the yellow can? Maybe 2 stupid questions... How long a leader do you run with the Coho Killers?

Franko

MILF (Man, I Love Fishing)

Trolled from Esquimalt to yellow can yesterday and picked up an 8 lb wild bout 1/2 way out, 60 ft down, 220 ft of water on Sitka spoon. Beautiful calm water.

Trolled from Esquimalt to yellow can yesterday and picked up an 8 lb wild bout 1/2 way out, 60 ft down, 220 ft of water on Sitka spoon. Beautiful calm water.

I did the same thing. The exact same area where I found the fish on Saturday( half way to yellow can in 200-220'), had all the action for me. Release 3 around 5lbs and then had a great double header with one making it to the net and the other shaking off while dealing with the other. About an 8lb female to take home. The double header came with one line down 50' and the other 80'...

I fished brotchie to clover today. Hooked two, one for Snuffy, one for me. The seal followed me for about an hour.

Back