VHF interference with sonichub 2

BryceWCP

So I have this annoying problem. I have a newer icom 330g installed in the boat. As well as a sonichub 2 for my audio. The vhf works awesome untill I turn on the stereo. The. I get static steady. The original antenna was super old so I replaced it with a new Shakespeare 5225 thinking maybe this would fix the problem, it did not. So I thought maybe using the Bluetooth feature was maybe causing the problem so I stopped that and used a USB cord to plug my phone in for music but that also didn’t work.
Now both the icom and sonichub are wired to the same blue sea fuse block with grounds. Anyone have a similar problem? I have read a few things about some filters you can install in the power wiring???
Any help would be much appreciated. As of now I turn the music on and the vhf off but I like having the vhf on
Thanks in advance bryce.

Are the VHF and Sonichub powered from the same positive and negative on your fuse block/battery?

Are the VHF and Sonichub powered from the same positive and negative on your fuse block/battery?
Yes I have a dedicated switched power and ground coming from the batteries to my dash and everything is powered from there from the same source.

Back