Vendor for Sonar/GPS?

calmsea

Guys, what's a good vendor to buy a sonar/gps combo here on southern VI? I don't want to buy in the US as I want warranty and the Canadian GPS maps and some local service should there be troubles. I am looking for something in the $1000-$1500 price range with a ~ 7" colour screen. Any tips?

Here are the stores that I checked out. If you're looking for a 7" (6.5" to be exact), check out the Lowrance HDS7. The price is about $1,200 - $1,300 plus the price of a chart. I've noticed that there's a huge range in the price of Navionics charts so shop around. (platinum+ charts in particular).

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Products...tion-System/HDS-7-FishfinderGPS-Chartplotter/

ISLAND OUTFITTERS LTD
3319 Douglas Street
Victoria, BC V8Z 3L2 CANADA
Phone: (250) 475-4969 Fax: (250) 475-6942

WEST MARINE STORE #3905
2929 Douglas Street
Victoria, BC V8T 4M8 CANADA
Phone: (250) 380-4097 Fax: (250) 380-3832

ROTEC COMMUNICATIONS LTD.
103-2740 Bridge Street
Victoria, BC V8T 5C5 CANADA
Phone: (250) 389-1968 Fax: (250) 386-9613

I got a killer deal on a Raymarine c-70 last year at West Marine on Douglas. They occasionally have manufacturers package deals that are amazing. Check them out.

The Raymarine c-70 is including radar, isn't it? How much did that go for?

islanderguy; did you recently purchase a HDS7? I was looking at this too. Are you happy with it? I am always a bit cautious with brand new models - rather wait until they work out the initial glitches.

quote:Originally posted by calmsea

The Raymarine c-70 is including radar, isn't it? How much did that go for?

islanderguy; did you recently purchase a HDS7? I was looking at this too. Are you happy with it? I am always a bit cautious with brand new models - rather wait until they work out the initial glitches.

It was a toss up between the HDS7 and the HDS8. I must have had a weak moment as I spent the extra $900 and went for the HDS8 (bigger screen and shortcuts). The HDS units have been around for almost a year now so I'm hopeful that I won't have any issues. It's on order so I should have it by the weekend. I was on a charterboat that had the HDS7, it was pretty sweet!

Hey Guys. I am looking for a HDS7 too. Found the best price online at the BC GPS store in Winfield BC. Seem to have good pricing on the Navionics Gold too. When I called they said could get in overnight. Would be interested to hear anyones review of the HDS7 series.
Here is the link.

http://www.thebcgpsstore.ca/home.php?cat=109

SR

NewBoat2-1.jpg

Sir Reel, interesing. Have you figured out though why the prices for the seemingly same HDS7 models vary so much? And why do they offer a 83/200 kH and a 50/200 kH model? Do you know how this would perform differently?

Back