Vancouver Island Ice Fishing

Steelhead S2

I know ice fishing on Vancouver Island sounds like an oxymoron. And why would you want to do that when there are so many other great fisheries here. But, does anyone do it? A friend of mine used to ice fish Wowo when he was a little kid (at least he did a couple of times with his dad). I have all the gear from when I lived back east, and I'd love to get out once or twice in the cold season if such a fishery is even possible here any more. So, anyone know anything they are willing to share? Maybe access is the big issue; I certainly won't rush out to buy a sled for a couple 10" trout. Anyway, thanks in advance.

people i know head up mount washington and ice fish the lakes up there ive heard they do very well there
i myself have only fished it in the summer and was most awsome then

people i know head up mount washington and ice fish the lakes up there ive heard they do very well there
i myself have only fished it in the summer and was most awsome then

Use to fish through the ice on Elk lake when I was a kid. Haven't seen a freeze up here though since the fluke 96 thing. If it happens though.........some big fish.

You want some descent ice fishing head to the interior. 100 mile house is the ticket.

Use to fish through the ice on Elk lake when I was a kid. Haven't seen a freeze up here though since the fluke 96 thing. If it happens though.........some big fish.

You want some descent ice fishing head to the interior. 100 mile house is the ticket.

Back