Vancouver Island Custom Rod Builder

Looking for custom rod builder on Vancouver Island. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Contact info to go along with and reviews of the work they did. I have a Fenwick 1264 glass blank that I want made up for this upcoming season. Also want to add some fighting butts to a couple of Fenwick 1262's centerpin rods as well. Thanks in advance.

I have just had my first of hopefully many rods built but Justin Kim of Customized Fishing Tackle. I will be picking it up tomorrow, can't wait. Justin is located in Victoria and has built many rods, salmon, hali, trout, fly you name it. It has been nothing but first class for me dealing with him and can't wait to see my new rod. I will post pictures and thoughts tomorrow.

Here is his contact info and also to a link to a thread he has on here about some of his work.

inquiries@customizedfishingtackle.com

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...ot-Custom-Hali-Tuna-Rod&highlight=custom+rods

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

that's my hali/tuna rod on that thread, I've had Justin do some alterations since those photos, here it is now with the reel mounted. The rod in front is a matching mooching rod he's done for me, he really does good work.

Attachments

• IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 475
Thanks for the info guys. I have contacted Justin. How do you guys like the wrapped grip compared to cork?

Haven't enough experience to comment on the wrapped grip but the nice thing is that it can be replaced without dismantling the rod.

Thanks Guys for your kind words. Just a heads up, I had troubles accessing my inquiries@customizedfishingtackle.com, so I had to kill it and recreate it, so if you tried to send me anything to that address within the last 24 hours, it's forever gone. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Anyways, if you're interested in checking out my most recent work, you can check it out here on my FB Page.

As for your inquiry about the corded handle. It's very grippy and sensitive. Plus it's a breeze to replace if you ever want to restore that brand new look to it.

But if I may throw in a recommendation, it would be Andy from Rod builder Supplies.

Back